Risky Buisness

Zed winced as his base exploded, and he was flung back. He had known it would happen, but dang, it still hurt.

More explosions went off, and Zed ducked, his health dropping. The roof was shaking, and all his contraptions had been blown to bits. Stones were beginning to crumble around him as he zoomed towards the exit, flying out and watching as the cave threatened to collapse. The explosions stopped, and Zed sighed with relief. It would need repairs, but the cave was still mostly intact.

He hid, and heard Wels yell into thin air.

"You happy now? That enough of a 'show'?"

There was a small crackle, and a tall watcher slipped through a portal gracefully. Immediately, fear coursed through his veins. A second Watcher appeared, slightly shorter and looking a bit nervous.

"You have done well, little player. We shall spare you for now."

Wels just stood for a moment, before beginning to back away uncertainty.

"Go on, leave."

Wels took off, flying into the sky.

Zed listened closely as the two bird creatures talked, their beaks clicking softly.

"Well that was amusing."

The aller one chirruped slightly. The shorter one picked up a charred rock with one taloned foot and inspected it, before tossing it away absentmindedly.

"So what does Sibling Void have planned?"

The taller one sat upon another charred boulder.

"Well, he says that we've almost got Sibling Xelqua back, so we'll soon be beginning the second phase."

The smaller one nodded.

"Once Xelqua is with us, Void will try to convert the admin of this server, but his strength is likely to be minimal, and his loyalty to this server is quite high. If he proves difficult, we'll just kill him and be done with it."

The smaller one had wandered off slightly, and was now fiddling with some of Zed's broken machinery. A piston fired suddenly, and the bird hopped back with a screech of surprise, its wings flaring out.

"Sibling Chorus, behave! Had Sibling Void been here, he would not have tolerated such behaviour."

The taller one glared at Sibling Chorus, and it immediately straightened up.

"So, Sibling Crystal, shall we deal with our eavesdropper?"

Zed tensed, and quickly pondered his options. He sighed, and decided upon a diplomatic approach.

He stood shakily, and winced. Both Watchers were looking directly at his hiding spot, the glowing eye that hung above each of their heads staring as he stood.

"Uh... er- hello, uh Sibling Crystal, Sibling Chorus..."

He stumbled forwards, bowing slightly.

Both creatures chirruped again, birdlike laughter emanating from the pair.

"You are no sibling of ours, little player. It is an understandable mistake, however. Now tell us, why did you do nothing to stop your fellow player's mischief?"

Zed ambled closer, looking up at the faces of the two Watchers before him.

"Well, the damage was minimal, and I also told him that it was okay to prank me..."

The taller one sighed.

"Once again, these players display their vulnerable 'friendships'. We will be rid of them soon."