Chapter 4-2

Soojin's POV

I quickly walked home. I hope that I was not late. I walked into the small little house and heard my mother call out. "Soojin-ah, are you home?" 

"Yes, Mama." I replied. I quickly dropped my bag and walked into the kitchen. My mother was the only one who actually was good to me. I loved her very much. She is the reason why I still have not given up my life.

I helped her to take the food to the dining table. My father passed away when I was just a child so my mother has been taking care of me for the longest time. She noticed some bruises on my legs. "Soojin-ah, what happened to your legs? Are you okay? Did anyone bully you at school?" She bent down and looked at my bruises with concern on her face. 

Tears welled up in my eyes. I did not want my mother to worry about me. "I'm fine. I just fell in school today. No one bullied me." I tried to keep my voice steady. I took a deep breath and held back my tears.

"Come, let's eat." I quickly changed the topic. I quietly finished my dinner and placed the dishes in the sink. "Don't worry about those. I will handle it. I know the pressure that y'all high schoolers have, furthermore, you do that blogging of yours to keep us on our feet. Go do your homework. The earlier you finish the earlier you sleep, the more rest you get."

I was walking to my room when I saw the small, petite figure working around in the kitchen. My tears started to stream down my face. When I finished my school work, I changed my clothes and put on my mask to film my video.

"Hey guys! It's me again! Today, we will explore the art crocheting!" I smiled into the camera as I took out the materials and started with my blog.

The next day

I took a look at the clock. It was nearly the end of school. When the bell finally rang, I took the piece of paper in my hand and ran out of class. Some of Ari's gang stepped in front of me. I quickly halted. I frowned slightly. I did not want to bullied by them again. I tried to push my way past them, but they were too strong for me. I was dragged into the same toilet as the day before. I was pushed hard onto the ground.

I fell on my elbows and my bag strap broke so the entire bag rolled away from me, all the contents in it spilling. I hid the piece of paper in my pocket. "What's this?" Ari asked mockingly when she found the blade that I had brought along with me. She flipped the knife so that the blade was exposed. It glinted menacingly under the light. 

She squatted down next to me. "Is this for you to defend yourself?" She growled with the blade of the knife at my chin. I could feel the coldness of the blade against the tip of my chin. "No." I muttered. "No? Then what is it for?" Ari asked, she was clearly angry at me. I shook my head, refusing to answer her.

She got angry and pressed the knife against the skin of my upper arm. I could feel the blade yearning to bite into my skin. She pulled the blade along, causing a cut. Suprisingly, I did not feel pain. In fact, it felt relieving, comfortable. The warm blood dripped from my cut and mixed with the puddle of water on the floor.