Chapter One: Trance

Charles jumps out of the car full of pride; He won his first Championship title. You watch your fiancé's face light up on the garage screens as he takes off his helmet, revealing the brightest smile that doesn't fade. You truly can't stop smiling either – He won, he really won.

You remember your own Championship title wins a couple of years ago... It felt like a trance; You got caught up in a haze of emotions and until days later, you couldn't quite grasp that you had achieved your childhood dream... It's truly euphoric. You watch him spin around himself, taking in all the well-deserved glory, and his team starts flocking towards him onto the track.

Lorenzo and Arthur, Charles' brothers, glance at you, while tears start running down your face. You're so fucking happy of him. They chuckle and each of them gives you a tight hug. You wipe away your tears and realise that it's alright to cry: How else would you react if the love of your life just achieved greatness?

You know exactly how long, hard and consistent he had to work for it – So naturally, a surge of emotion just showed up. After all, you're proud of him. Lorenzo wraps his arm around you, and the three of you push through the hectic pit lane to reach him. As far as the eye can see, everything is drenched in red; The sea of crew, fans and press parts, as the three of you make your way through.

His eyes light up when he sees you in the midst of the crowd – He quickly turns back to his mechanic, hands him his helmet, and then comes running towards you.

His arms tightly wrap around your waist. He lifts you up, giving you a long, slow, passionate kiss. Butterflies rush through your body, as his grip on you tightens yet again. You know precisely how excited he is to be sharing this with you... You know it all too well; When you win something as meaningful as this, all you want to do is share it with your person – The one human being on this planet that makes you happier than everyone else.

With his chest pressed against yours, you feel his heart pumping manically. His heavy breath brushes up against your skin when you release him from the addictive kiss. An outsider would think that you were the air he had to breathe, that you were his only source of oxygen, and that he was suffocating without you in his arms – That's how close, tight and heartfelt he embraces you.

After a few seconds your feet reconnect with the ground. You hold his face in your hands and his smile says everything. The two of you nod at each other, filled with pride, knowing exactly what the other one wants to say. He pulls you in for another hug. He whispers into your ear, before pressing a soft kiss onto your temple.

Charles: Ma chérie... We did it. I love you–

You smile widely, while he catches his breath frantically. Your tears are still rushing down your face, now more than before. He wipes them away slowly, prior to spreading kisses over your mouth. You wrap your arms around his neck. Then you reply.

y/n: You did it, my Love...

He pulls you in for another kiss, then redirects his attention towards his two brothers. He pulls in Lorenzo for a big hug, before repeating the same with Arthur. They shower him in praise, love and compliments. 

The mechanic you saw a few seconds ago, hands you Char's helmet with a big smile, congratulating you on his victory. You thank him politely. Charles returns to you – He takes back his helmet and wraps you in his arm, as he leads the two of you towards the garage, where he has to weigh himself and do his interviews.

His brothers and you patiently watch him from the side lines – You take it all in. This moment is special.