Chapter Seven: A Question of Equal Loyalty

y/n's PoV:

Charles softly: You're my fiancé, and you're sneaking around. Tell me already.

You nod - You're trying to right now... This will be interesting. Gianna's and Mark's opposing pleads are acting as the little angel and the little devil on your shoulders; It's conflicting.

y/n: Can we sit down in the living room?

He doesn't seem to mind the relocation; He takes your hand, bringing you into the living room. The two of you sit down on the couch, facing each other. He rests his hand on your knee.

Charles: Okay?

You nod. Let's go; Let's set everything in flames... Because why not!? Arson is lovely, isn't it? You've been dreading this conversation so badly, but he's pissed off, and you get it. You owe it to the love of your life to be honest.

y/n: I'll start at the beginning.

Charles patiently: Uh-huh.

y/n: When we were at the prize giving ceremony... In Paris... Uhm.. Do you remember when I slipped away to get some air on the balcony?

Charles chuckles: I mean, vaguely, I was hammered y/n, but yeah, continue.

y/n: Well, uhm, Christian came by to congratulate you, and to chat with me... Since we haven't talked in a while...

Charles chuckles: Yeah, cause you've been dodging him for the last four race weekends.

y/n smiles: Pretty much...

You give off a short chuckle. His hand moves up and down your thigh in a stroking manner. Usually that would be relaxing and comforting, but right now it's stressing you out.

Charles: So this is about him?

You tilt your head. You're trying to choose your words wisely.

y/n exhales softly: Kind of. Uhm, well, as I said, we were talking, and naturally since he brought up your brilliant season, we talked about my time at Red Bull.

You rub the nape of your neck.

Charles: Okay...?

y/n: And uhm, he kind of planted an idea in my head...

You patiently wait for a moment, desperately hoping he'll put one and one together on his own.

Charles confused: About what?

y/n sighs: Well...

He's confused as to why you're so hesitantly opening up towards him; The two of you usually always talk about everything, so your hesitancy isn't great. Truthfully you wouldn't know how else to tell him though - Hesitantly explaining it to him, bit by bit, seems like a better idea, than blurting out "I'm crap and I'm joining your rivals team" during breakfast or a trip to the grocery store...

You see the deep impatience in his eyes. While you're taking the time you need, trying to process your deep rooted sense of guilt, he's about to pop out of impatience.

Charles softly: Y/n, please just tell me already.

y/n slowly: He wants me to...