Chapter Three: FIA Prize Giving Ceremony

A week later you find yourself in Paris, in a massive hotel room, getting ready for the Prize Giving ceremony. He peaks his head into the bathroom, watching you curl your hair. When he does that, there's always something he wants, so you put down the curling iron on the white marble counter, and you make your way over to him. Ferrari had gotten Charles a custom-made black suit, with their logo embellished on the front, and damn it looks good on him...

y/n: What is it my Love?

Charles: Is it straight?

He tugs and pulls at his tie - Trying to get it to stay in the middle. You laugh shortly, and adjust it so that it sits right. He presses a kiss onto your forehead when you're done, and he starts putting on his shoes.

You return to the bathroom. Your make-up is finished, your dress is waiting for you on a clothing hanger and you're about to curl the last strand of hair; Once it cools off, you spray some hairspray and loosen up the curls. When you're done, you return to the main part of the hotel room, where he glances at you and strikes up a conversation.

Charles: You were right, you know that?

You look over your shoulder and laugh, asking what about, while you free your evening dress from the closet.

Charles: I should've worn these shoes a few times before tonight. They've barely been on for five minutes and I think my feet are bleeding already...

You laugh - Well, you did remind him to do so... If he forgot though, that's on him.

y/n: As bad as it sounds, eventually they'll hurt so much that they'll go numb...

Charles glances at you: Lovely...

y/n: Yup...

He gets up and whimpers on his way over to you - He zips up your dress and when you turn around his eyes are lit up.

y/n: Is this fine like that?

You tried finding an appropriate dress. Something elegant, that wasn't too flashy though... After all, he's the main focus of the night and you don't want to take away from... Simply put you searched for a dress for two weeks with the mission of not outshining Charles.

Charles: Fine? Baby, you look absolutely gorgeous...

He pulls you in for a soft kiss, smiling at you full of content, before you step away again. You need to put on your high heels.

y/n smiling: Are you nervous?

He drinks a sip of champagne, before answering.

Charles: More excited than nervous actually.

y/n: That's always good...

You stand in front of the mirror, completely done - He steps towards you, as you glimpse at yourself in the mirror. The dress is a solid, warm colour; Frankly it looks beautiful, because of its simplicity. When you saw it, you knew it was the right dress for the occasion. He stands behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist, before he presses soft kisses onto the base of your neck.

Charles: Were you nervous back then?

You lift your hand above your head, and run it along his face. His eyes are fixated on you in the mirror, as he gives your shoulder a gentle kiss.