fourth chapter

Rue's pov

A scream.
A bloody scream interrupted my sleep.
I ran to the source of the scream until I reached the shared kitchen.
Is Anthony Edward Stark yelling at an owl?
That is probably here for me.
I sighed and held my hand up for the owl to land on it.
Once it did, I took the latter from its legs and gave it a treat.

"Good boy," I told it.

Tony looked at me with pure horror in his eyes.
By that time, everyone was already in the kitchen, giving Tony death looks for waking them up.

I opened the letter without thinking much, and it started talking, "Professor Snape, it's Harry and Hermione, we've seen you on TV, and we wanted to say, you looked badass."
"By the way, Ron sends his regards," Hermione added the last part, and I let a small smile find its way to my face.

"I think I might be going crazy because of the early hour, or did that letter just talk?" Natasha asked.

"It did; it's a form of communication in my world," I explained.

"I'm sorry, that's normal?" Clint asked overdramatically.

"Yes, Clinton, now if you'll excuse me, I want to go make a potion," I said and left.

"Potion?" I heard before I left.

When I reached my room, I rolled my sleeves up and began working.

Firstly hear up water until warm, and add Shrivelfig, add Porcupine quills, stir four times anti-clockwise, and add a sprig of Peppermint to, counteract side effects, add Sopophorous beans, add Wormwood, and stir six times anti-clockwise.

After letting the potion cool down, I put it in a glass and drank it up.
The effect was immediate, my body felt light, all of my worries were gone, and I smiled.

I grabbed my bag only to pull my broom out of it.
I sat on it and flew away.

◇◇◇

Once I reached the cemetery in England, I got off my broom and began walking.
The green grass seemed to be wet from recent rain, or is it?
I reached the graves that I seek.
One large with red roses on top and a smaller one with white roses on top of the grave.

I sighed and Accioed new roses and put them in the vases of the old ones.

I sat next to the bigger grave and put my hand on it, "You will not believe it, my love.
I am now part of a superhero group called the avengers, muggles, but it's not that bad; they're confused about every second word that comes out of my mouth, but they try to understand, which is nice." I giggled for the first time in a year.

I then got up and sat next to the smaller grave, "your mommy is a superhero now, what do you think my darling?" I asked and got up once again and sat in between the two graves and took out fire whisky only to down the whole bottle.
I kept on drinking until I felt seven preferences behind me I took my wand out and turned around, "show yourself!"

Soon enough the avengers showed up from different hiding places, I put my wand back in its place and sighed, "What are you doing here?"

"You disappeared so we searched for you with some help from JERVIS we found you here," Tony explained.

"How long were you here?"

"Since you took the bottle out?" Clint asked as he looked closely at the bottle, "what kind of alcohol is that?"

"Fire whisky," I said and got up, "Just because I joined your little group does not make you entitled to follow me around, I did not sign up for a sherlock holmes game, do not make it one."

"Hey, chill we just wanted to see if you're okay." Tony lifted his hands in defense.

"Well, I have been good so far, I don't need you."

"You sure about that?" Clint asked, "I'm not, I've seen you, you have scars that you shouldn't have, God damn you have a tattoo like you're in the mafia!"

"You do not get to tell me anything about my scars!
They are mine!
I gained them, not you, nor anybody else here!" I yelled, "you do not get to judge me, not before you put your daughter in her Sunday's best and put her to the ground!
Not until you've lost your lover!
Not now, not ever!"

"How do you know I haven't?
For five years I've been without them!
As you said, you don't get to judge me until you've been through what I've been through."

"You. Know. Nothing." I emphasized every word slowly.

"I know enough.
You think you're better than everyone because of 'all you've lost', well, news flash: we've all been through some hard things!" Clint yelled back.

"That is not a competition.
But if it is, trust me when I say I will win." I smirked as a tear ran down my eye.