3. I meet a creature from hell

To my surprise, Terzo didn't kill me. And all of the things he said were true; he really was the head of a satanic  church. Terzo brought me to the dining hall of the church  first because I told him I was starving. The dining hall was really big, and there were a lot of tables scattered chaotically around the place. Terzo told me that this was the place where the siblings of sin and the ghouls had all of their meals. I thought it was stupid that they called it "the dining hall" then. They should've called it "the breakfast, lunch, and dining hall". After I was done eating, Terzo gave me a short tour of the church.

We were walking through the halls of the church when Terzo stopped at one door. ''Here's your new room, amico. I hope you'll feel at home here.'' He said, while he gave me a key. ''Papa?'' Terzo looked me in my eyes. He probably didn't expect me to call him Papa. ''I just...'' ''What is it?'' He asked, curious to know what I was about to say. ''I just wanted to say... Thank you. Thank you for everything that you've done for me already. I can't describe how much you've helped me. I will make sure to pay you back somehow, some day.'' Terzo's eyes started to fill up with tears, but he didn't want me to see it so he quickly wiped them away. ''No problem, Roy. I'm just trying to do what's right. I always try to do what's right. Take the Rituals as an example, I can't stand to see little people being pushed around by big people.'' He obviously tried to change the subject. ''Speaking of the Rituals, there's one tomorrow here in the church. Would you want to watch my band Ghost perform?'' ''I'd love to!'' I replied. ''Good! Oh, and one more thing I wanted to tell you. I'll ask Aether, one of the ghouls, if he can give you a bigger tour of the church tomorrow. Because well, you've only seen the dining hall, a few hallways, and your room so far. He'll be at the dining hall at 9, so be sure to meet him there. I believe that that's all I wanted to tell you, so goodbye for now!'' ''Goodbye Papa!''

When I opened the door to my room, I saw that it was small. Small, but cozy. There were only 3 pieces of furniture, a bed, a desk, and a wardrobe. Each one of them was made out of dark wood. I was so exhausted that it was hard to keep my eyes open, so I decided to go to bed.

+
+
+

I woke up in cold sweat. Still scared from the nightmare I had about my dad. I quickly calmed down when I realized where I was: my new home. I picked my phone up to see what time it was. Half past 8. In half an hour I had to be in the dining room to meet Aether, so I got up and got dressed in the same black hoodie and jeans I was wearing yesterday. I did bring a few other clothes with me in my backpack. One of those clothes was a denim jacket with patches of my favorite bands sewed onto it. Abby always gave me patches as little presents because she knew how much I love them. I had never really worn the jacket though, mom thought that it was a weird piece of clothing. But I wouldn't be seeing mom today. So I decided to take off the black hoodie and put on a simple green t-shirt with the denim jacket over it. I felt a lot better already.

The dining hall wasn't too far away from my room. I had walked the same way with Papa yesterday, but the church was so big, and had so many hallways, that it all just looked like one big maze to me. There were some siblings of sin who walked by, I was too afraid to ask them where the dining hall was, but I figured that they wouldn't go anywhere else anyways in the morning. They had to get breakfast too after all. Following them was a great plan, because I was right. They did go get breakfast.

I got myself some croissants with cheese, and sat alone at a table. When I finished eating, it was exactly 9 o'clock. Time to look for this "Aether" ghoul. there was only 1 little problem: every ghoul looked the same. They all had silver colored masks with horns, the ghoul masks being a only a little diffrent from the ghoulette masks. They all wore upside down crucifixes around their neck. Even their black outfits were all the same, except all ghouls had different patterns embroidered on their chest. This was probably to tell them apart, but it wasn't very practical, how the hell was I supposed to know which one was Aether?

I was looking around, slightly panicked, when I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. When I turned around I saw that it was a ghoul, he was holding a banana and even though I couldn't see his face through the mask, I knew he was smiling underneath it.

''You must be Roy!'' He said, with a happy and confident tone in his voice. ''Nice to meet you, I'm Aether.' I shook his hand. ''Nice to meet you too, I'm Roy... But you already knew that.'' Aether laughed, ''yes, but that's all Papa has told me about you. I don't know anything else about you but I'm glad that he gave me the chance of giving you a tour of the church. At least he feels comfortable letting me do something around here other than doing chores for his band like fixing broken guitars and stuff.'' ''Aren't you in Ghost?'' My question was followed by a sigh from Aether. ''No, oh Satan I wished I was. I love playing guitar! But no, Alpha and Omega are better than me anyways.'' ''I'm sure that you're a great guitarist as well!'' I said, in an attempt to make him feel better about himself. I didn't know anything about these ghoul people, Papa had only told me that they are summoned from hell. But they seemed pretty human to me. ''That's nice of you, but it's okay.'' Aether continued. ''There are actually a lot of ghouls who wanted to be in the band but didn't make it. My buddy Rain wanted to be the bassist, but even that position was already taken in the band. My other friend, Swiss, is super talented! Such a shame that The Clergy just let him make furniture out of wood all day. But also understandable. They can't let everyone play in the band! Most ghouls have a passion for music, it's in our nature. But enough about the band, it's time for me to show you the greatest church of the entire world!''