18.

We were in the van. Klaus had his arm around my shoulders and Diego and Allison were sitting next to us. My body ached and my head pounded. I crushed Klaus' hand with mine.
,,You're gonna be okay. Just hang on a little longer." Klaus told me. I could barely hear over the noise in my head. I gritted my teeth and grimaced in pain.
I tried to breathe through it. I could hear screams in my head. Male, female and child. I thought my head was going to explode. I screamed in a strangled sound. Like you want to scream but something's stopping you. Still, it was loud enough for the others to cover their ears. The guys in front slowed down for a second but Allison yelled at them to keep going.
,,You can do this, Rory. Just hang in there." Allison encouraged me. But it was no use.
,,I can't do it. None of us can. None of us are gonna make it." I whispered. They all exchanged puzzled looks. I guess they didn't know if those were the words of a pessimist or the words of a Banshee.
I leaned on Klaus. New tears streamed down my cheeks.
,,Do you see it too?" Allison asked, eyes wide. She reached out and wiped away my tear.
,,Is that blood?" Diego asked.
,,Her eyes and nose are bleeding." Allison almost whispered in fear. What's that?
,,You guys need to speed up now!" Diego yelled ahead. It wasn't loud, but the sound was still ear-splitting for me. I was so weak and tired that I didn't even react to any of it. I just closed my eyes and continued to lean against Klaus.
,,Please hang in there, love. You have to hang in there. For me, okay?" Klaus begged me and kissed my hair.

I think I fainted for a moment because when I opened my eyes we were already home and Diego was carrying me in his arms to our nursing room. The others ran ahead but Diego had to slow down because every step sent painful jolts to my body.
He put me on the bed and stepped back so Pogo could look at me. Klaus was standing on the other side, holding my hand. I growled in pain with my teeth clenched. The others stood a little further away and watched the whole thing. Pogo tilted my head a little so he could get a good look at my wound. He turned and opened one of the lockers. He pulled out a vial and an injection.
,,What's that?" Klaus asked, stroking my head with one hand. Despite everything, it was quite reassuring and I was very grateful to him.
,,This is the serum your father made. It's not the same one Luther got, but it should have the same healing effects. Explained Pogo.
,,You want to give her something that turned Luther into a monster?" Diego asked in disbelief.
,,Hey!" Luther responded.
,,You know I'm right." Diego shot back.
,,This is not a good time, boys." Allison snapped at them.
,,It's not the same serum. This is designed specifically for her." Pogo told them.

He scooped up the serum and injected it right in my neck. I screamed because it started burning the blood in my body. I heard some glass break.
,,I understand it hurts, but you have to hold on for one more." Pogo said. One more?! I cried out. Within moments, I felt another pinch in my neck. My blood boiled and the noise in my brain intensified. I could see the others talking to me, but I couldn't hear anything. And in that moment, I knew I couldn't take any more. I pulled myself up to a sitting position and screamed. It was so intense and brutal that everything that was made of glass exploded.  My whole family was thrown away. Even the metal table nearby broke in half. The lights burst. Everyone was covering their faces from the flying glass. I stopped screaming, and finally there was silence everywhere. I fell back onto the table and plunged into darkness.

3 POV
They all stood up cautiously and looked around. Almost everything around was destroyed or damaged. Klaus immediately rushed over to Rory who was unconscious. He grabbed her cheeks and tried to wake her up.
,,She's not breathing. Pogo, she's not breathing!" He shouted. Pogo listened to her breathing, but nothing. He listened to her heart and tried her pulse. Everybody was watching him. Sadness and pain appeared on his face.
,,I'm sorry. It's too late. She's gone." He said, taking her hand and squeezing it gently.
,,No. No, no, no, no, no." Klaus repeated. He started shaking her to wake her up.
,,Come on, wake up. You can't do this. Please don't. Come on. Come on. Please. Please." He panicked.
,,Oh my God." Allison gasped, covering her mouth. Tears streamed down her cheeks. Luther covered his face with his hands, he turned around and went to comfort Allison. Five closed his eyes and lowered his head. Diego walked slowly to the bed where his sister lay. His legs failed him and he fell to his knees. He rested his head on the bed and sobbed. The only one who still wouldn't give up was Klaus who kept trying to wake her up. He tried for a while longer and then he picked her up and hugged her. He stroked her hair and cried until his shoulders began to shake.
She was gone. The person he loved the most was gone.
,,I love you. Please. Wake up." He whispered in her ear and laid her back on the bed. He took her hand and kissed it. And then what no one expected happened.

Rory opened her eyes and gasped. Everyone was staring at her wide-eyed in shock. She blinked a few times and glanced around.
,,What's up with the faces?" She asked with croaky voice.
,,Oh Thank god." Diego and Klaus sighed with relief.
,,That shit was strong. What the hell was that Pogo?" She winced as she tried to sit. Klaus and Diego helped her immediately.
,,You scared the shit out of me." Klaus hugged her tightly.
Pogo checked her pulse. It was strong and normal. He smiled a little.
,,How are you feeling?" He asked her.
,,I don't know. I have a headache and I'm kinda tired." Rory replied.
,,Do you remember what happened?" Luther asked.
,,Yeah. So what did you give me?" Rory asked in return.
,,The serum your father made." Pogo replied calmly. Rory glanced down at her body.
,,Then why don't I look more like..." she looked up at Luther with a raised eyebrow.
,,Hey." He countered with a hint of insult. Rory just shrugged her shoulders. Everyone smiled at that. They were glad that even though she was dead a moment ago, she still had her charm. Diego just thought it was funny how they both think exactly the same way sometimes.

,,Because it's different. Your abilities allow you to absorb substances faster or differently. Medications, alcohol, anything. I don't know exactly what's in the serum, but it'll last long enough to heal you." Pogo tried to explain.
,,I see." Rory nodded slowly. She wanted to jump off the bed but when she got to her feet her knees buckled. Diego quickly grabbed her and supported her. Klaus circled the bed and stood by her on the other side.
,,Not so fast. I need to check on you. And then you're gonna go to bed." Pogo insisted. ,,The others will wait outside."
The boys sat her down again.
,,I'm glad you're not dead, sis." Diego kissed her hair. ,,Of course you are." She smiled at him.
,,I'll wait for you outside and then I'll help you to bed, okay?" Klaus said and kissed her on the hand.

After a medical examination, Klaus helped Rory to bed. It looked like he wanted to leave when he put her in bed so he wouldn't hurt her and covered her with a blanket.
,,Stay here. Please." She said in a soft, tired voice. Klaus looked at her and grinned.
,,I wasn't going anywhere. I just wanted to close the door." He assured her. He closed it quietly and lay down next to Rory. They entwined their hands together. ,,I looked everywhere for you." She whispered in a sleepy voice. ,,What happened to you?" She asked.
,,I've been looking for you, too. I'm so glad you're here and safe. I'm gonna tell you everything when you wake up, okay?" He replied in a husky voice.
,,Yeah, I'm fine. You found me and saved me." She smiled a little before falling into a deep sleep. When she gets some rest, she'll deal with the premonition she's had several times in the last few days.