24.

,,You think th--" Diego asked.

,,I know it's her."

,,We need to get to safety outside the Academy." Pogo said. More explosions echoed where Vanya was making her way.
Klaus grabbed my hand and together with Diego we ran away.

,,Don't forget mom!" Luther shouted at us.

,,Yeah." We all said.

As we ran, I heard more whispers and resonating sounds. It was hard to ignore at the moment, but I had to because the whole house was falling apart. We ran upstairs but we didn't saw mom.

,,Mom?!"
,,Where is she?"
,,Mom? Come on!"

The ceiling began to collapse and pieces fell on us. When I opened my eyes, I saw Klaus slowly getting up. I groaned in pain and Klaus was coughing. Diego was unconscious. Another piece of the ceiling began to collapse and it was clear that this one would kill us all. We tried to wake Diego up, but nothing. Suddenly, Diego and Klaus were pulled aside and then I felt something around my hands. I was pulled aside before the ceiling fell to where we were lying.

,,Ben? That was Ben?" I asked. Klaus just nodded and I lay back down for a second. Diego grunted in pain as he started to wake up. We all got to our feet and supported each other as we ran away.
We were at the door when a great pain shot through me. I stopped and gasped. Tears welled up in my eyes. The boys had to drag me out.

,,Hey, you saved my live, man." I heard Diego. I saw how he hugged Klaus who just shrugged as he looked at Ben. I felt another wave of pain.  I had to lean against the wall. Klaus was with me in a second.

,,Rory? What is it?" He asked. I let out a piercing scream.
The boys covered their ears even though it was useless. Everything around went quiet when I stopped. I looked up with tears in my eyes. Right to the window where mom was standing and smiling at us.

,,Shit. Mom. Mom!" Diego shouted as they followed my gaze.
,,Mom! Get out of there! Now!" We all yelled at her.
,,I'm coming after you!" Diego shouted. But Klaus grabbed his arm. We both caught him to keep him from going back inside.

,,No, Diego!"
,,You won't make it back in time. You won't even get to her."

,,Please! Mom!"

,,Stop, Diego! Please!"

,,Get back!" Klaus yelled as the whole house went down. We had to hide so we wouldn't get swept away. After the house fell, we stayed and searched for mom. Well, Diego was. I knew she was dead. Just like Pogo.

Klaus, Rory, come here. Help me search."

I looked at Klaus and we both thought the same thing.

,,Diego." I said gently. We both slowly approached him. Klaus grabbed him.

,,Just stop it. Stop."

,,No, what.. what are you--Let me go! What are you doing?"

,,Diego! Stop. Stop." We both dragged him up on his feet.

,,She's gone. She's gone, okay? She's..."

,,What do you wanna do? You wanna..wanna..walk away from this?"
Diego stuttered.

,,No." Klaus whispered.

,,What about Pogo?" Diego asked.

,,Pogo is dead." I said.

,,She's right. He didn't make it." Luther came out of nowhere. Allison followed him. At least they got out.

,,What?" Diego looked at us.