Preface

After writing the chapter 'Christmas 2008', I reread the entire fic, and I wasn't pleased with the first two chapters. They were rushed, sloppy and definitely not something I was proud of.
I found a wonderful editor who helped me bring new life to those chapters, and to you (you know who you are) I say thank you.
Without your help, I never would have the chapters as they now exist; Perfect.

For the rest of my chapters, I have a new editor with whom I'm beginning the process of editing.

Chapters one and two will be published simultaneously.
The other chapters will be published as they are edited, which there is no rush on as I want to even add some scenes and possibly a chapter or two.

Further updates will be made in future chapters, so be sure to read the notes!

I want to thank everyone involved with making this story come to life.
My amazing co-author who has written Speckle and Bertie perfectly in the later chapters. (I wrote Bertie early on btw) and my wonderful editors, friends, and people who have given me advice on how to improve my writing. Thank you all for having my back, this story wouldn't exist without you.

This fic contains some dark/traumatic subjects. Some are already in the chapters, some I haven't written about yet.
Below I list some content warnings:

Referenced rape/non-con
Referenced alcoholism and/or drug abuse
Referenced suicide and/or suicidal thoughts/actions
Referenced/Depicted abortion (in a non-licensed clinic) (the research I did for this is something I'll never forget)
Referenced/Depicted abusive relationship
Referenced/Depicted estranged parental relationship

(There might be more added at a later date)

So now onto the story, happy reading!