Ladybug

- Art by @/emari_13 on Instagram

Chat Noir was staring. Staring at the smirk Ladybug was giving him. And Ladybug couldn't help but feel a twinge of retribution, as his face turned redder than her suit. He inhaled.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!" he yelled, just as Ladybug managed to attach her yoyo to a chimney and safely take them into an alley.

As they landed, Ladybug tucked her yoyo in its place and peeked around the corner.

"I don't think anyone noticed," she assured him, as she looked at many citizens either fighting off magician objects or running from circus animals. "Plus, I guess the fact that we were so high helped, too. Anyway, we need to—"

Ladybug frowned when she turned to her partner. Char Noir's jaw and arms were hanging, his eyes the size of saucers as they stared at her.

"Chat Noir?" Ladybug called, in concern. "Chat Noir, are you with me? Please say something. Anything."

Only a cracking noise whizzed out of his mouth, lips remaining parted.

Ladybug placed her hands on his cheeks. "Chat?" she called. Still no response. "Chat Noir, listen to me: I know you're in shock. It's the exact same way I felt yesterday when I found out about you. And you have every right to feel like this.

"But like me, you're gonna have to freak out after we're done, because right now I need you. I need my partner to defeat this akuma. Can I count on my partner, please?"