༒Part II: Gateway To Darkness - 8 A Passageway ༒

8
A PASSAGEWAY

ᜇ ᜀ ᜈ ᜈ᜔

••

ⁱ ʲᵘᵐᵖ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠⁱʳᵉ,
ˢᵖⁱᵗᵉᶠᵘˡˡʸ

••

Strolling steadily along the busy village, I noticed the people who did what they were doing. Women carried weaved baskets of fruits on top of their heads. Men in bahags carried slaughtered goats on their shoulders. They'll probably use that for feasting or something. While two men who wore salakot brought carabaos with them. They must be farmers. A rope was connected to the carabaos they brought along, in all probability that the animals won't stray.

And then there was me, an unknown modern girl that slipped back in time. Since I really didn't know where to go, I never stopped following the silver smoke. If they had a google-map in the modern days, I have a smoke vial that tells me where to go.

Finally, my feet landed on the huge grotto. Everybody went inside to preach their gods. It was a huge, spaciously dim place and everybody else just bowed down and preached. Some of the women in striped red skirts brought small bowls of salt, some garlic cloves and some ginger. Some of them even had dried reeds. It seemed as though they were swatting something with their reeds. Then as for me, I just stood there by the entrance, observing everybody.

All of a sudden, three women in green robes and visible marks on their hands appeared by the altar-like, long wooden table. I think know what they are. They are the Babaylans of the High Order. Exactly what Luwalhati adviced me of them. Everybody bowed down like slaves preaching their masters. Me? I didn't. I was intimidated by their aura. But I had to keep a serious face.

"Whom do you seek?" Said the woman in the middle.

"I..." Cat got my tongue. Darn it.

She put her arm forward. Without lapse of time, I was lifted in the mid-air. That fact that it stings make me want to come back home, to my time. Her power had me choking, gasping for air.

"I'm here" I said while I gasped for air, sounding like a tortured slave. "...to know where my father is."

Then she put me down from 5 feet below. The way I was dropped, it hurt and stung my body. The pain was excruciating. I gasped, breathed oxygen as it if was my first time.

"Why do you seek him?" Asked the Babaylan.

"It's about the Obsidian."

"What about the Obsidian?"

"Look, I need to know where my father is." I said with my voice full of air. "I don't have much time."

"Oh, so you have Saragnayan blood. Saraganayan is the god of darkness. A pure evil, just like Sitan. But... you?" She sauntered here way through where I was dropped savagely. "Why are you running around like a hero? Shouldn't you be in your father's arms?"

"Shouldn't I be the change? I don't have to follow my ancestors' footsteps." I just insisted that I'm going to make a difference! "I'm different. Just because Saragnayan is evil, my father is evil, it doesn't mean I will end up like them doing ferocious, inhumane deeds. I am here to break this generational curse. To challenge the legacy of my ancestors, and forge my own path."