Knock knock

"So Brook, how about we go to the local cafe?" Ash asked. "Then we can pick some different place, sounds good?" Brook silently nodded.

"Let me change first though" Brook said and ran to his room. Ash pulled his phone out and scrolled through it meanwhile.

-Text from Blake-

-> How's it going?

-> The.... The house isn't on fire?

-> Alright, that's progress. We'll be there tomorrow as you might know.

-> Can't wait..

I wonder how he'll react to a whole broken staircase.. Ash thought to himself. This is worse than a fire. "Progress"?? Only if he knew...-

He took a deep breath. Let's hope he's not in a bad mood when he returns.

Brook got out of the room, "Alright I'm ready, let's go." Ash nodded, and both left. But guess what? Forgot to lock the door.

-On the way to the cafe-

"So.. About that day.." Ash tried to resolve the issue. "Listen-"

He was cut off mid-sentence, "Let's forget about it. I don't want to talk about it anyway. Let's just enjoy the weekend without bothering about other things, okay?" Brook said.

"Ignoring the problem won't get us anywhere, Brook." Ash sighed. "We should just talk it out. We can't just pretend as if it never happened, ya know..?"

"It doesn't need talking. Everything's fine." Brook said, as he stopped walking. "If you're still alive, everything's fine." With that, he walked faster towards the cafe.

Was... Was that a threat...? Ash stopped walking. He really needs to solve his problems rather than ignoring it all.

He ran after Brook.

-At the cafe-

"I'll get us some drinks. What do you want?" Ash asked. "The usual." Brook replied. "I'll wait for you here, make it quick"

Ash went inside the cafe, while Brook waited for him while texting Bea. After a while of waiting, Oscar passed by and noticed Brook who didn't notice him yet. Since he was "alone" at the moment, Oscar couldn't let this opportunity go.

He walked upto Brook and pushed him on the ground. "What the heck man?!" Brook grunted, struggling to breakfree. Not actually struggling though, pretending to struggle.

"What are you doing here?" Oscar smirked. "Can I not exist in this town?" Brook replied, sarcastically.

"Huh. What's that shiney thing on your neck?" Oscar asked. Brook went silent for a second. Then- "YOU BETTER NOT LAY A FINGER ON IT OR I SWEAR TO!-" Brook yelled, trying to break free. Oscar laughed, "Or what? You're gonna call your emo boyfriend??"

"What.. Ash isn't emo- WAAIT WAIT WAIT. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT BLAKE?!" Brook said,"THe hell- He's not my boyfriend!"

"I don't care what he is." Oscar rolled his eyes. "You look uglier than Phoenix when rolling those eyes." Brook smirked. "I mean, same breed, couldn't expect less." Oscar punched Brook in the face hard as f leaving him with a black eye.

"If you don't want to look like a Dalmatian you better shut your mouth." Oscar threatened. Oscar stood up and kicked Brook's hand and left.

Ugh... I deserve a fricking reward for not splashing that @##hole with ice cold water. Brook thought, getting up, brushing the dirt off.

Ash got out of the cafe with two drinks. "Sorry there was l-" He noticed Brook's eye. "..."

"What..? Brook, are you okay? What happened? Who did this? Whe-" Ash asked. "Calm down, it was Oscar. He's just obsessed with me you know." Brook replied sarcastically. "Oscar? Here too?" Ash looked very angry.

"I swear to god... They're so jobless." Ash said. "Here's your drink." He gave Brook the drink. "I'll ask one of the baristas if they can provide a first aid kit."

"No need, I'll be fine." Brook replied.

TBC
Lol that was a long ass break
Now I'll go on another 6 months break again lmao we'll see how my motivation works