Chapter 4:New things and lore

Missey Pov

I woke up bright and early today to try and maybe get a head start on training before the other heroes. I went to Kai's room and knocked on the door.

Kai (tired):I swear to god if one guard is out there with you.

Missey:There aren't Kai I swear.

————————————————————————

Kai Pov

I hesitantly opened the door. To my surprise that there weren't any guards with Missey.

Kai:Sorry...

Missey:It's all right. Trust is a hard thing to hold down essentially when anyone has relations to someone like my great great Granddaughter.

I nodded in agreement.

Missey:Well I think it would be smart to get to training bright and early so you can be ahead of the rest of the heroes. What do you say?

Kai:All right. I have two perks to spend anyway.

We headed outside the kingdom walls and on our way there I found out I could increase perks on the perk trees like in Skyrim or increase my personal stats that give me perks like in Fallout. Also I have to also point out that I have Effort Values (EVs) apparently. What the fuck even is this shit anymore? Anyway I decided to experiment slaughtering a singular monster of each type:Balloon monster grants 2 speed/agility, Chuchu grants 1 Hp, Keese grants 1 in the stealth tree as well as speed/agility, wild wolves grants 1 in attack but nothing in single handed weapons skill tree. I decided to have Missey keep track of these stats for me in a notebook, so I can build up from where I lack (which is defense, HP, and magic defense with defense being my weakest stat). After a few hours of me just killing Chuchu Missey and I decided to see if there were any jobs/quests that we could take from people in town. I got a mission from a man to investigate and clear out a cave that not a lot of adventurers come back from near an odd looking stone, but before we left we decided to stock up on healing items and medical supplies and see what magic type I can use. I put my hand on the crystal ball in the magic shop.

Shopkeeper:Interesting...

Missey:What is it?

Shopkeeper:He can use conjuration and Fire magic.

Missey:Conjuration? What's that?

Shopkeeper:It's a type of magic that allows your friend here to summon spirits from a different plane of existence to fight with and for him.

Missey:Amazing.

Shopkeeper:Hang on... I have a few old conjuration spell books in the back.

Kai:How much do you want for them?

Shopkeeper:You know what? Since it's been a while since anyone with the ability to conjure creatures with magic, and it's been almost give or take 100 years or more. You can have them for free.

Kai and Missey:Free?!

Shopkeeper:Yes. Now I'll get those for you.

The shopkeeper went to the back as I spoke with Missey.

Kai:No one has seen someone use conjuration magic for 100 years?

Missey:I mean it's the first I've heard of it, so I assume so.

We waited for a few minutes then the shopkeeper came back, and gave me the books she had. These were Conjuration spell tombs from the elder scrolls series that they gave me:Conjure Seeker, Conjure Ash Spawn, Summon Clannfear, Summon Daedroth, Bound Sword, Summon Unbound Dremora, Soul Trap, Conjure Flame Atronach, and Dread Zombie. A few of these spells will drain my Mana/Magika bar so I need to use them wisely. A few things came to my mind how did they get some of these books?