Chapter 2: The Avatar Returns

Aang accidentally launched a flare over the horizon. Mushu seeing Aang for the first time. It's been a 100 years he thought he would see Roku. At least he thought The Avatar just vanished into thin air. Mushu telepathically speaking to her. "You're telling me that little blue arrow foreheaded boy is the Avatar?! He even got a huge cow! How am I going to compete with that?!" Tala gave him a little recap what have happen and that an Airbender is supposed to be the current Avatar, Aang. She didn't even know she can communicate through the mind.

Tala smiled and was shocked she could talk to her spirit guide, companion telepathically. 'Whoa I never knew we could do this.'

Mushu was as fasciated as Tala was. 'I didn't either we both found out we can do this today and you're the first person I ever talked to this way. Maybe you could talk to The Avatar this way.'

The Southern Water Tribe villagers are standing gathered. The children become overjoyed upon seeing Aang. Tala runs up to Aang and Katara. Checking if they were harmed all over. If they got hurt from the ship.

Aang feeling guilty, "Tala, I'm alright you don't have to worry. We were having fun. And she told me how much you didn't really have this kind of fun."

Tala was upset, furrowing her brows.  "The both of you should've known better not to go into the ship!" Disappointed. Slapping Katara's shoulder. Pulling her ear. She would've pull Aang's ear but she barely knew him.

Katara starts rubbing her shoulder and ears. "We're fine it was just an accident." Now Tala was rarely upset her. The three siblings know she was upset at Sokka and mostly Sokka.

Village kids, Joyfully yells, "Yay! Big sister Tala Aang's back!" Some of them run over to him while the others remain cheerful in the crowd. The adults and Sokka reveal that they are less welcoming. The children reach Aang Katara and the crowd around him gleefully. Aang happily greets them back. Sokka who breaks himself free out of the line of villagers and steps forward to face Aang.

Sokka, in the other hand was more angry. "I knew it!" Accusingly points a finger at Aang as he and Katara draw closer  "You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?"

Katara protesting, "Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident." Explaining to Sokka.

Aang, Sheepishly. "Yeah. We were on the ship and there was this booby trap, and well..." Awkwardly rubs the back of his head. "We boobied right into it."

Gran Gran, Worriedly. "Katara, Tala is right you shouldn't have gone on that ship! Now we could all be in danger!" Tala now frowns.

Aang, Sorrowfully. "Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. It's my fault."

Sokka, Angrily. "Aha! The traitor confesses! Warriors, away from the enemy." The children begin to sadly walk away. "The foreigner is banished from our village."

Tala goes in between Aang and Sokka, "He is no enemy nor a traitor and it's Fire Nation! We are not banishing anyone in our village."

Mushu, "That boy is harsh should I dishonor him?" Whispering.

Katara, Irritated, clenching her fists. "Listen to Tala! Sokka, you're making a mistake."

Sokka, Stubbornly persisting in his anger. "No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad." Pointing to Aang. "I'm protecting the both you, from threats like him!"

Katara, Angrily. "Aang is not our enemy!" Continues in a calm, soothing voice. "Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time... fun."

Tala nods, encourages him. "You'll be more happy."

Sokka, Annoyed. "Fun?! We can't fight firebenders with fun!" Tala is standing right there but she knows he's talking about the bad guys.