Chp 2 || get to know us

✧ ✧ ✧

Chapter 2

With a soft knock at your door you woke up. Sun shining through the thin white curtains of the hotel room You rubbed your eyes with a yawn, twisting your back to get a few cracks out. Another knock this time it was a little louder. You tiredly pushed yourself out of grip of the white sheets. "Who is it?" You ask kindly. "Room Service." A soft week voice answered for the other side of the thin wooden door.
'Room service?'

With a click you unlocked the door, in front of you an oldish lady with a face decorated by beautifully ethnic features stood. She gave you a soft smiling before pulling out a cart from beside her. Something you didn't spot. "Breakfast was requested?"

You blinked, a flash of confusion appearing on your features.
"Uh.. I think you have the wrong room num-,"

"Y/n L/n, correct?" The lady interrupted.

With a tilt of your head you responded, "Yes ma'm."

Without another word the lady pushed the cart into the room. You stood dumbfounded with a hand at the door, as you watched the older lady place down both plates of food on the kitchens island.

"Have a nice rest of your stay." She smiled kindly before dismissing herself from the room. You closed the door soon after her exit, walking over to the food neatly displayed on a rectangular mirror tray.

Laid there was a split portion of avacado toast along two sunny side up eggs. A glass cup of orange juice decorated with a cut piece of greenery was carefully standing beside the plate.

'Hange.'

Why would someone so unknown to you not only pay for your stay at a seemingly fancy hotel? And for breakfast? You ran to your phone, snatching it from the bedside table.

Hange
'No need for repaying! :) I felt like being nice'

You squinted at the text, as if you had completely read it wrong the first time over. A simple act of kindness? Your eyes slowly began to water, tears welling up under your closed eyelids. Porco had never once in the 3 years of your relationship surprised you with something like this. The realization the knowing, that you deserved so much better hit you like a strong wave landing at shore.

You
'I seriously appreciate your "act of kindness" but really I can't just accept it and move on.. come on let me repay you somehow

'Hanges typing'

...

'Hanges typing'

Hange
Hmm...
How about a dinner between two newly founded friends :-)

'Read'

Eyes glued to the phone screen, you stared for a few seconds. Questioning the intentions of this stranger who you happened to meet the second your life fell apart. Though as If you could read through their actions, you knew this "stranger" didn't have a cruel heart.

You
'Sounds good to me! When can we meet?'

Hange
'How about today at 5?
If you're up to it.. again I don't know what you're going through so I don't wanna seem too pushy'

You
Dw, 5 sounds great

Hange
Awesome! I'll ask my friend to let me borrow their car for the afternoon :-)

'Read'

A soft smile spread through your face after you clicked out of your chats. Your eyes turned to your messily organized suitcases, full of clothes you probably didn't even need. you wanted to look cute and presentable for this Hang out, after all it was all about first impressions, so if it took you the whole day to search through your luggage.. it'd be worth it in the end.