Chapter 56

Jennie

We went back to our room, and she closed the door behind her. I brushed my hair and changed into a nightgown getting ready for bed when I felt Lisa's powerful arms going around my waist. Her head was bent to the nape of my neck and she began peppering soft kisses there.

I touched her face, feeling her sharp jawline that gave me butterflies in my stomach. When it was time for bed, she usually wanted to make love, which had become a daily norm. I guess that I should be lucky that she found me attractive enough that she wouldn't be tempted to look at other women. I'd heard too many stories about wealthy aristocrats having affairs with other women while their wives played the perfect role at home, but with the way Lisa stared at me, her eyes heavy with desire, I don't think that I would ever find myself in that situation.

I felt her hands grope my ass from behind, "I like this." She said in a silky deep voice. "Take off your clothes." Her commands were a usual occurrence in the bedroom.

I laughed. "You have your priorities straight." I spun around in her arms, while looking up at my towering, extremely gorgeous, and sweet spouse. I had to constantly slap myself as a reminder that I was married to her and she wasn't a figment of my imagination.

Lisa's golden-brown eyes watched me as I said, "You have to kiss me first."

She smiled, while grasping my chin, and bringing me up to meet her mouth. I had to stand up on my heels to reach her towering height. I melted into her arms as she kissed me and then she helped me undress and took off her clothes, too.

It wasn't hard and fast, but slow and languid. I met her thrusts with the same enthusiasm, moaning and writhing under her, while whispering her name.

After a while, we were both exhausted and lounged around in bed together. Her muscled arm was draped over me; while her thick hair was flopped over her forehead, matted in perspiration. I kissed and licked her abs greedily. She kissed my forehead, while giving me a satisfied smile.

"I love you, Lisa." I said.

She kept playing with my hair and didn't say it back. So I swallowed the disappointment that bubbled up, within me.

A while later, when I heard the sounds of her snores, I sat up in bed and made sure that she was in deep sleep before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind me.

I walked slowly at first and then picked up the pace. I went to Bambam's room and knocked on it. Bambam opened the door, wearing only a pair of boxers, with his hair in disarray, and his abs were on display. I couldn't help but notice how he looked like a teenage version of Lisa.

"Took you long enough." He said sleepily, while stifling a yawn, and then he shoved the journal into my hand. "Do not show this to anyone. After reading it, you need to return the journal back to me."

I nodded, "Got it."

I hid the journal in my robe and tiptoed back to my room. I walked into the room and my breath hitched in my throat when I saw the silhouette of Lisa, who was now seated upright in bed. I couldn't see the expressions on her face in the darkness, but I knew that she was watching me.

"Where did you go, Jen?" She asked me silently.

"I was just feeling a little sick, so I took a walk outside in the hallways." The lie rolled from my tongue.

A few seconds passed before she raised her hand towards me. "Come back to me."

I walked back to her and slipped into bed before quickly retrieving the journal and hiding it near the dresser.

Lisa snuggled close to my body, "I don't like it when you leave my side." She whispered.

"I'm not going anywhere, baby. I'll always be here with you." I promised.

Her hold tightened over my body. The grip was so firm and bruising that I had to ask her to loosen her fingers over me. It was like Lisa was making sure that I didn't leave the bed again.

I couldn't wait to wake up in the morning and read the journal.

I needed to be completely alone to do it.