Chapter 68

Jennie

"Bambam, please stop! That's your sibling... how could you do this to her!!?" I screeched at him.

I watched Lisa's head getting immersed underwater and her body submerged into the dark water.

"Nooooooo....!!"

My brother-in-law had just drowned my spouse in front of my eyes. I pushed past Bambam and stepped over the yacht railing. I was a sobbing mess, ready to jump into the lake to save her. "Lisa!"

"Jen, wait!" Bambam called out.

"I need to go!"

I started jumping off when Bambam grabbed my arm and pulled me back onto the yacht.

"Stay here." He said before going over the ledge and diving into the lake. A few minutes later, Bambam pulled Lisa out. By then, I'd called the Captain Richard for help.

"What in the heavens happened here?" He asked.

Before I could answer, Bambam beat me to it. "Lisa fell out of the yacht."

I had a sudden urge to throw Bambam into the lake and drown him in the same way that he'd done to Lisa. He put Lisa on the floor. Her eyes were closed, and she appeared to be unresponsive. My heart was in my throat, with my chest tightening as I feared for her life.

If Lisa dies, I'd have to take responsibility. I'd be alone and I would have to kill the family myself.

Bambam was pumping her chest relentlessly, trying to get Lisa to puke out the water. If Bambam had wanted her dead, then why would he try to revive Lisa? It didn't make any sense. Bambam opened Lisa's mouth and conducted CPR, but she remained unresponsive. A feeling of dread settled over me. I didn't even know that I'd started crying uncontrollably. He'd removed as much water as he could from her system, but Lisa wasn't waking up.

"You told me that everything would be fine! Drowning her was never an option! How could you do this without letting me know about it first!?"

"I didn't tell you because I knew that you wouldn't agree to it!"

"How dare you!? That's my spouse!" I shrieked, "If something happens to her, Bambam, I'm going to toss you into the lake and I don't even care that I'll be charged for murder!!"

"Shut up and let me think!" He snapped.

I brought Lisa's head in my lap and brushed the wet hair away from her face. "Wake up, please wake up, baby."

Bambam picked up her hand and I could see that he was on the verge of tears. "I can't find her pulse."

"Try the CPR again. Better yet, let me try."

I tried giving CPR, but nothing was working. Tears blurred my vision as another soul-shattering sob erupted from within me. Bambam sat with his back against the yacht, with horror and shock plastered all over his face.

"I'm calling 119." He said.

I was crying ugly, and my sounds were muffled because I buried my face in Lisa's wet shirt. Suddenly, there was movement. It almost felt like a miracle.

Lisa coughed out the lake water and sat up. Hacking, she pointed her finger accusingly at Bambam, "You tried to kill me!"

The silence on the yacht was deafening.

Who was this?

The Lisa with amnesia or the Lisa who remembers the past?

I wasn't the only one who was confused. Bambam looked scared and curious on equal measures.

Had it worked?

Captain Richard brought a towel that he used to dry Lisa's hair.

"I'm very sorry." Bambam said, "I was desperate for you to remember everything, so I tried to recreate the day of the boating accident. I swear that I wasn't planning to kill you, Lisa."

Lisa didn't look convinced. "Jen, I want to go back to the mansion."

She called me Jen. Bambam noticed it too.

It didn't worked at all.