Chapter 6: Maid in heaven

One of the perks of living alone was you could live however you want, One of its drawbacks is you're alone.

Living through the bare minimum you kept your budget only to the bare essentials never being able to buy that new game that released or that limited supply snack you wanted often times freeloading from your friends until the next check.

But there were days where you got lucky, and you thank your lucky stars everytime you had them and that was commissions, more specifically art commissions.

Although you sell them for reasonable prices just those extra few profits gave a much needed relief while waiting for your next pay day but you mostly hoped that word of mouth will spread giving you more of these lucky days thus more profits.

But that day hasn't arrived and you're still stuck at random chances of getting them.
Today is that lucky day.

A client reached out to you specifically online asking for your skills in painting, you asked them what was the theme but the client never answered and only said to leave it up to you, and thus you are now here, in your apartment, staring at the ceiling, playing a round of *NO cards with your friends.

"(Y/N) it's your turn c'mon"

Julie breaks your daydreaming as she asked you to play your turn.

"Huh oh right.. hmm"

You looked at your cards and picked red 4 only for Julie to jump in and skip your turn again with a red skip.

"*NO"
Julie calls out.

"C'mon (Y/N) focus she's already on her 5th win"

Fritz argued with irritation toward you.

"It's 2 on 1 man we can't keep losing to her"

"Whether it's 2, 3, 5, or 10 I can take you all on!"

Julie boasted to the both of you.

"That's what she said."

You cleverly rebutted.

"What's that? Can't hear you over the sound of you owing me money"

She countered.

"Dang it. Alright Rem it's your turn again."

Fritz sighed in disappointment as he asked Rem to play her turn.

Rem plays a wild card from the huge hand she's accumulated over the game. She picked yellow but she wasn't finished.
For the next few moments that you witness you swore you could hear an angelic choir because Rem jumped in 1 card after the other, Yellow +2, Yellow+2, Green+2 ,Red +2, +4 changed to Blue, Blue +2, etc.

You witness such a satisfying display of absolute domination, you swore as the angels sing everything was in slow motion allowing you to savor this moment, card after card, Pluses after pluses at some point you weren't sure if the deck had this many +2 but there it was clear as day. And by her last 2 cards she says the only word that could break this trance of absolute beauty.

"*NO"

Rem exclaimed as she drops a skip card and immediately following it with her final card which was a wild card.