𝟎𝟎𝟑.the drama queen of the quarry

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter three

═══════════════

𝘎𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

𝘎𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU NEEDED FOOD?

Easy. Go to the supermarket where a store member points you in the direction of packet food you could easier cook. That's what they'd do about six weeks ago. Now. That wasn't even a thing. It was a thing of the past. That's why Rory Grimes stood alongside Amy Harrison as she stood holding a bucket that Amy was currently putting mushrooms into. Mushrooms that her mother would eventually cook for the camp to have for supper.

"Earth to Rory. Rory you still with us." Amy said as she looked up at the Grimes girl who's attention was elsewhere. It was only when Amy waved a hand did the Grimes girl snap out of her trance turning her attention towards the Harrison.

"What? Sorry I was – just thinking." Rory said as she adjusted the bucket she held tilting it more upwards as for Amy to put more mushrooms in.

"Well it was weird – like you entered some kinda trance – like Houdini style." Amy said as she placed more mushrooms into the bucket.

"Yeah that's what happens when I certain blonde won't shut her trap." Rory said making Amy scoff as she throw the mushrooms that were in her hand directly towards Rory's face. Both girls chuckled as Amy stood up and together both girls made their way back towards their small camp site.

It was the same sight Rory always walk into. The women of the camp doing laundry, the men build and the old man by the name Dale sitting on top of his RV with his binoculars being on watch. He was an nice old man and one Rory was quite fond of.

And as always her mother was normally by the camp fire either cleaning or cooking.

"Any luck?" Lori Grimes asks as Rory and Amy approach. This prompted Rory to hold up a basket filled with them and starting to pour them into a pot the mother was holding.

"Yep. But how do we tell if they're poison?" Rory asks as she finishes giving all the mushrooms to her mother.

"Uh, there's only one sure way I know of." Lori said.

"Could you maybe ask Shane when he gets back?" Amy asks.

"Yeah, you've got it." Lori said as she gets up turning towards the older man

"Dale. I'm heading out." She called out then proceeded to turn towards Rorys younger brother. "Sweetheart, I want you to stay where Dale can see you, okay?" Lori said to Rory's little brother.