Chapter 3 MorI's POV

I felt myself getting dragged out of the water, frantic voices everywhere as it all blurred into one big mess of noise.

Coughing, I sat up, my eyes adjusting to my surroundings as I felt myself get picked up and the restraints clicking onto my wrists.

I was carried to what I assumed was another room where I was set down on a chair.

Gabriel walked over with a smile; crouching down to my level, he uncuffed my wrists and motioned for the guards to leave.

"Apologies for keeping you under for so long." His voice was now gentler as I sat silently with a blank expression.

I glared at him s he grabbed a towel and began to dry my hair as I sat there limply, all the fight completely drained from me.

"I do actually have some news about the partners," Gabriel continued as I struggled while he dried my hair.

I grumbled yet listened as he spoke, hoping he would share something I could use.

"From what I understand, he's a good friend of your father's and a mighty powerful man."

I shuddered in disgust as his hands roamed down my back.

At that moment, there was a harsh knock at the door; today seemed to be the day doors saved me...

"Now, as much as I would love to stay here with you and spend some quality time together," He smiled, resting his head in the crook of my neck, his hands running up my arms.

"I have other matters to attend to, so I'll return later.." He hummed.

Before I could respond, He stood up and left, and someone else entered.

I turned pale as my vision began to spin.

"Now, you'll need to stay awake for our chat." the voice said as my hair was yanked up, so I stared at the man in front of me in utter horror.