Chapter 4 Anthony's POV

Sliding into the tall chair, I flashed a grin at the bartender, who, in return, glared at me.

"Aw, come on now," I smiled, "no need to get all grumpy, Nathan."

"You're in an awful jolly mood considering the killings have been increasing," Nathan grunted as he grabbed a mug.

"The usual?" He inquired, raising an eyebrow at me as I merely nodded, relaxing into the chair as I looked around the bar.

"You looking for your girlfriend?" Nathan teased as he handed me my drink.

Shaking my head, I took a gulp. "No, there was a young lady here last time."

"That would be my sister." He replied, smiling.

I glared at his enthusiasm about her, my smile staying present on my face as I drank my drink in one go and gestured towards Nathan.

"Another! And pour it into an extra-large glass this time, dear friend." I added, leaving Nathan shocked.

"Are you sure? That's some pretty strong stuff."

I merely laughed.: My dear friend, I have the same thing every time I come here. Why are you always so surprised?"

"Because you always drink higher doses each time!" the bartender exclaimed.

"And yet I can keep my liquor down. Far better than anyone in this establishment." I gestured around me as Nathan begrudgingly handed me my second drink.

"So why isn't our little musician here," I asked seriously, drinking with one hand as I adjusted my glasses.

"Her boss wouldn't let her come, as far as I heard." Nathaniel frowned.

Nathan sat across me, leaning in. "To be honest, her boss gives me the creeps, and from what I've heard from other customers, he doesn't treat his employers kindly..." A shadow fell across his face.

"I don't understand why she doesn't just leave...."

I almost broke the glass in my hand, downing the drink in one go.

"Nathan, my dear friend," I grinned as red clouded my vision. "What may her boss's name be, and where can I find him? I'd like to have a word with him."

Nathan grabbed my arm; I glared at the man, seconds away from snapping completely.

"I'm not letting you go,"

"Why?" I asked, my gaze fixed on the hand wrapped around my arm, wondering how quickly I could escape this situation.

"Anthony, you look like you're going to murder him."

Oh, if only he knew,

I sighed as I forcefully removed his hand from my shoulder and resumed my seat at the bar.

"I won't do anything, promise." I smiled sweetly.

Nathanial looked unconvinced.

The bar was almost empty except for Nathaniel and me. The low sound of jazz music played in the background as I swirled my drink, Nathaniel's eyes glued to the door.

"Here's the address." He handed me a piece of paper. "Don't do anything stupid; just make sure my sister is ok; I have to close up anyways."

"Why don't you go?" I asked as I slipped on my coat, checking the pockets to ensure I had the bare essentials for my task.

Nathaniel's face darkened. "It's a personal thing."

I merely hummed in response and made my way to the door.

"When you find her here, bring her back here." He stated.

"Of course," I replied cheerily and exited the bar, a smile reappearing as I double-checked my pockets.