Chapter 1

"Hola, soy Dora. What's your name?" A middle-aged version of Dora the explorer greeted her audiance. 

"How old are you?" Dora asked the veiwers, before speaking again after a few seconds of dead silence. "I'm 39 and alone"

We are shown that Dora was in fact living alone in her lonely empty house. 

"Except for my friend, Boots" Dora said, before Boots's body was shown stuffed sitting on a dusty old shelf. 

"Boots was my monkey but he could only live through so many explorations. He may be gone but I'll be an explorer forever because Nickelodeon owns me and my likeness" Dora explained. 

It was then revealed that the adventure kids had been watching TV when they had come across this werid version of Dora's show and were pretty confused and disturbed by it. 

"Out of all the shows Nickelodeon has rebooted... This one's by far the worst" Ann commented.

"Torture is what it is" Teeders mentioned. 

"What am I even watching?" David asked, being fixed on the TV screen. 

"Today I'm going to fill the void in my soul made by my ex-boyfriend" Dora explained, before asking her veiwers. "Can you say 'three years of my life'?"

"Dear, Lord" Brock said. 

Kali had the remote and started flipping through the channels before turning to Cynthia who was sitting next to her. 

"Hey, how are Marinette and Adrien doing?" She curiously asked her friend who was visiting from Paris again. 

"Oh, they're doing great. Things have really mellowed out since we haven't had an attack from Hawk Moth in awhile now. Mari and Adrien insisted I'd come see you guys" The fashionista explained. 

"And... I've missed you all" Cynthia admitted. 

"Even me?" David leaned in with a smirk before Cynthia did her typical eye roll, put her hand in David's face and shoved him off the couch. 

Kali then turned off TV, saying. "Well, I'm going out for a walk to try and burn out the images my poor eyes have just witnessed. Anyone care to join me?"

"I could use some fresh air" Teeders shrugged her shoulders. 

"You don't have to tell me twice, sis" Ann got up from her beanbag chair. 

"You guys are still here?" Brock asked, showing to already be waiting at the front door. 

The others chuckled and left the apartment together. Soon the Akids were wandering around the bustling streets of New York City. Everyone seemed so lively. The Akids looked up noticing a new add on one of the jumbotrons. 

"Bringing the magic to New York City. If you spot someone doing something kind or making people smile, film it on your phone to have it play on the Jumbotron at Times Square"

Cynthia breathed in the city air, taking it all in before exhaling. "Ahh, New York. You are the most spectacular place on Earth!... Next to Paris of course" 

"I beg to differ" Brock said. 

"Cynthia does have a point" Teeders mentioned. "New York is one of the most famous cities in the entire world" 

"Yeah, you never know what you're going to run into here" David spoke up.

Just then, Kali thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye. Something very unusual. 

"What is it, sis?" Ann noticed her sister's focus being lost. 

Kali looked even harder through the crowd with the Akids joining her this time. And as their eyes slowly widened to what they saw, they could not believe.