Chapter 2

"That was fun!" Ann beamed. 

Just then the kids all heard growling sounds before looking down at their stomachs realizing it was them. 

"I guess all that singing and dancing really took it out on us" David said. "I'm starved"

"Prehaps we should take a break" Teeders suggested. 

"Bow bow" Blue agreed. 

Kali then pointed out to a pretzel cart she spotted nearby. "Who wants pretzels? I'm buying!"

Everyone cheered over that. Moments later, the gang was sitting down on some benches enjoying their pretzels. 

"Cheers" Josh said as he and Blue ate their pretzels together. 

"So, how in the world did you even get here anyway?" David asked Josh and Blue. 

"The Skidoo Express!" Josh replied. 

"The Skidoodle what now?" Teeders raised her eyebrow. 

But then Ann interrupted, telling Josh. "You're so lucky you get to audition for a broadway musical"

"I never got a lead role when I went to finishing school" Cynthia spoke up. "Every single Christmas, I was the wise man who brought myrrh"

"What is myrrh anyway?" Brock asked. 

"I don't even know, okay" Cynthia said. 

Kali then came back over to her friends with her pretzel, saying. "Guys, that doesn't matter right now. We need to focus on why we're here"

The kids then turned back to Josh and Blue who were still eating their pretzels. 

"This has already been the best day ever, Blue. And we haven't even been to my audition yet" Josh said to his dog. "New York is spectacular"

"Bow bow bow bow" Blue barked in agreement. 

"Yes," Teeders nodded. "After all it's defined as the cultural, financial, media, and entertainment capital of the world"

"Don't you think so, Madam Mustard?" Josh turned around asking the mustard bottle on the pretzel cart, but obviously got no answer. 

"Oh. Well, lovely to meet you" Josh smiled. 

"Bow bow bow bow bow" Blue smiled. 

The Akids blinked at Josh again, thinking it was weird he thought that random objects were alive. The vendor then took the mustard bottle and squirted it on a pretzel, freaking Josh and Blue out before seeing that it wasn't alive. 

"Ah, you're not Madam Mustard" Josh realized. 

As the pretzel cart rolled away, Brock and Ann turned around and their mouths gaped open as they saw the mustard bottle now have eyes and arms and waved at them. The twins rubbed their eyes thinking they were seeing things. 

Teeders then taped on Josh's shoulder to get his attention. "Um, I hate to interrupt but shouldn't we be getting to that audition of yours?" She asked. 

"Oh, right!" Josh remembered. "Let me check my handy dandy notebook to see where the audition is..."

Josh reached into his pocket for his notebook, but it surprisingly wasn't there. 

"Oh. Uh-oh" Josh said. 

"Something wrong?" Ann asked. 

"Um..." Josh turned to Blue. "Blue. Have you seen my handy-dandy notebook?"

"Bow bow bow bow" Blue shook her head. 

"I guess that's a 'No?'" Brock said. 

"Have you guys seen my notebook?" Josh asked the Akids.