Chapter 5

"Here we are" The driver said, pulling up in front of the theater. 

"Whoa!" Everyone looked out to see how unique and colorful this theater was.

"How come we've never heard of this theater?" Ann asked the other Akids, since they knew all the theaters in New York. 

The gang got out of the cab, being excited that they had finally arrived at their destination. 

"Remember, the adventure is the best part" The driver told Josh. "Now, go get that part"

Josh smiled. "Thank you, Mr. Cabdriver. That means so much to me"

The driver nodded. "Go ahead, kid. Go and make your dreams into reality"

"Bow bow!" Blue barked happily. 

"Thank you" Josh waved goodbye as the cab driver drove off. 

The Akids smiled, watching Steve walk up to Josh and place his hand on his cousin's shoulder, telling him. "We are so proud of you"

"We really are" Mr. Salt added. 

"And so are we" Teeders said. 

"You can do this" Kali told Josh. 

With that, Josh was ready to fufill his dreams with his friends by his side. The gang soon entered the theater, coming in to find the place quiet and empty. 

"Whoa! Cool!" The gang said, having a look around. 

"This is really it, Blue!" Josh smiled. 

"Bow bow bow!" Blue barked. 

"Look!" Ann pointed out. "There's the piano!"

"And the rainbow curtains!" Brock added. 

"And the stage" David said. 

"This is so exciting!" Tickety beamed. 

"Hello!" Josh called out. "I'm here for my audition with Rainbow Puppy"

The gang then saw a jaintor on stage, cleaning up. He looked to them and said. "Auditions are over"

The Akids looked surprised to hear this. 

"What do you mean they're over?" Cynthia asked. 

"Sorry" The janitor replied. "Miss Rainbow Puppy, she left for the day"

Josh couldn't believe this. "I... I missed it?"

"You missed it" The janitor replied before leaving. 

Everyone frowned, looking to Josh in sympathy as he started to break down. 

"I... I missed it. I missed my one chance?"

"Bow bow bow bow bow" Blue frowned to her owner, licking his face. 

Steve and Joe came up to their cousin. 

"Josh. I'm so sorry" Joe placed his hand on his shoulder. 

"There will be other chances" Steve said. 

Unkowningly to the gang at this point, the New York mailbox, trash can and coffee cup had entered the theater, watching them. 

The gang all comforted Josh while he said in disraught. "It's over. It's really over"

"Bow bow bow bow..." Blue's ears drooped in sadness for her owner. 

"My dream of preforming on Broadway was just that..." Josh frowned. "A dream..."

The Akids then turned around, seeing Mr. Salt talking to the mailbox, trashcan and coffee cup. At this point they weren't too surprised that the New York objects had come to life, with all the crazy stuff that's happened today. Then again what hasn't?