Life Eternal

In the hospital: (TW:death)

After Lilith was taken away by some doctors and nurses, Swiss's stab wound was also treated, which fortunately looked worse than it was in the end. When Swiss finished his treatment, he waited in one of the waiting rooms. As he waited, his fear kicked in and he couldn't keep still with his leg, causing it to bounce up and down rapidly. What felt like decades was actually two hours. Copia had called him during the two hours to say that they would be leaving immediately and would be there in about 20 to 30 minutes. Swiss just acknowledged this without saying another word. His thoughts were with his sister the whole time. Finally, after two hours, two male and one female doctor approached him. Swiss got up quickly and walked towards her.

Sw:"How is she? Will she make it?"

The doctors just looked at each other and sighed.

Doctor(fem): "Unfortunately, we have bad news for you. The possibility that Lilith survives her injuries is very small, if you want to know for sure, the possibility is 5 percent..."

Swiss looked at her in shock and he felt tears welling up in his eyes.

Doctor: "However, we are still trying to save her with everything in our power. But, we don't know how long she has left, so you better go to her. She is in room 204 and is conscious, albeit weak."

Without another word, Swiss passed them at a fast pace and made his way to Lilith. It didn't take him long to get to the room. He slowly opened the door and closed it quietly behind him. When Swiss turned around and looked at his sister, his heart stopped for a moment at the sight. Lilith lay in the hospital bed connected to countless machines and with a bandage on her chest, on which blood could still be seen. He carefully walked over to her and sat down next to her. Lilith was breathing slowly, it looked like she was sleeping, but when Swiss took her hand her eyes opened. It seemed like it took a lot of her strength to open her eyes and breathe.

Sw:"Hey, Lili...how are you ?"

Li:"Hey...I'm tired..."

Sw:"Are you in pain...?"

It hurt his heart to see his own sister in such a condition.

Li:"A little..."

There was silence for a moment until Swiss broke the silence.

Sw:"I'm sorry...if I hadn't been so naive back then...all this wouldn't have happened..."

Tears were running down his face and he couldn't hold them back. He felt so guilty. Because of him his sister was in this state, because of him his parents had been killed. Lilith realized that Swiss blamed himself for all of this and put her hand on his cheek.

Li:"I know...you think it's your fault...but the whole story started way before...you weren't...the beginning..."

Sw:"But because of me, family members died..."

Li:"It had to happen that way...there was no way around it...No matter where we went, he would have found us everywhere...I'm all the more sorry that you now have to deal with him alone... "

Swiss tried with all his strength to pull himself together which he did not succeed. All the emotions he was feeling at that moment broke down on him and he couldn't fight it anymore. He bowed his head, averted his gaze and mentally collapsed.

Li:"You have to be strong now..."

Tears ran down her face too. She knew what her brother was going through. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and it opened. However, Swiss did not look at the people who entered the room. It was Copia and the others who entered the room. None of the ghouls and ghoulettes said anything. They stood around the hospital bed and looked at the two. Despite the masks, the ghouls' sad faces could be seen. Cumulus clearly tried not to cry, but tears ran down her cheeks from time to time. Cirrus took her in his arms and hugged her. The ghoulettes and ghouls knew Lilith from a ritual. They found her friendly and they liked her manner. Swiss began to softly sing a song.