Ch. 1 - Piers and Ash, Till Death Do They Part

(Two words: Eternatus Attacks)

*Leon's P.O.V*

'Eternatus was way too powerful!!! How are we supposed to catch it to save Galar?!?!' I thought fearfully, and then, out of nowhere, Ash gets thrown back into a wall, and Piers quickly ran to his side, obviously worried for the boy - which was honestly surprising until we saw Piers peck his forehead. 'Guess they're dating or something like that...' I thought, and then looked at Charizard carefully, checking on my dear partner's condition. "That's... IT!!! I'VE HAD IT!!!" Piers yelled, shocking us all as he walked in front of us and, strangely, took out his ponytail. "This is the only time I'll make an exception... To use this power of mine... You've terrorized Galar for way too long, Eternatus... And... I promised him I'd protect it... If I can't even do that... Then how am I supposed to be able to call myself The Queen of Galar?!" Piers roared as his hair started to pool at his feet, growing out at an exponential rate as it gained an eerie glow... Similar to Dynamax energy. "Holy... What the hell?! Piers!! What are you doing?! You'll get yourself killed!!!" Raihan called, but Piers just smiled. "I'm no weakling Raihan..." Piers said, and then grabbed his hair of all things and threw it like a lasso around Eternatus' neck. It was only then that we realized what he was doing, when Eternatus' Dynamax energy started to falter before then disappearing completely. Piers' hair glowed even brighter, and then turned bright Dynamax pinkish-red as he pulled the dragon pokemon down and then knocked it out with a single punch. He then huffed in annoyance. "Good riddance." He grumbled, and then walked back over to Ash before hugging him gently. "What's going on here, brother?" Marnie asked, and Piers huffed. "He's my husband. Leave us alone." Piers said sharply, glaring at everyone with gleaming red eyes. "Wanna disperse that energy somewhere?" Raihan asked Piers, who nodded, and picked Ash up before heading down to the stadium as we followed suit. Milo had the idea of picking up Piers' hair so it wouldn't get dirty, and we all pitched in as a joke. "Jesus... Ra-piers-el much??" Kabu joked, and Piers stopped and glared at the old man. "That's my full name. One I wish to forget, so NEVER bring it up again." Piers snapped, and we all sweatdropped before Piers charged the entire city up with some sort of power despense ability, and then headed to the pokemon center with Ash in his arms after Raihan and I helped to braid his hair.

*Piers' P.O.V*

I walked down the secret passageway behind the pokemon center that led straight to Dande's cryo-chamber after dropping Ash off inside of the pokemon center to be healed. As soon as I got to the cryo chamber, I entered the passcode and went straight over to where my beloved king lay sleeping. "Dande, my beloved king... It's been at least three hundred years since we were forced to put you into cryo to save your life... But... I think it's time you woke up. Ash agrees with me as well. I've got you an appointment for a surgery in about an hour, which is how long it will take to get to the hospital from here if we hurry. I can't wait to see those beautiful starry eyes of yours again." I whispered, planting a soft kiss on his cheek as I picked him up. I used the abandoned League Tunnels to head to the hospital, arriving in the emergency room just in time for the appointment. They quickly rushed Dande into surgery, having been informed about the situation already. "Oh great heavens... are you alright, Piers?" A nurse said, walking up to me, and I nodded, raising an eyebrow at her. "You want an autograph, don't you?" I asked her, and she blushed before nodding. I carefully signed her notepad, and then focused on my phone to pass the time, pulling up my autobiography that I was writing about Ash, Dande, and I.

*Time Skip - Five Hours Later*

"Um... Would... Would you go out with me sir?? I know we just met and all but..." The nurse from earlier said, and I sighed. "Married." I say simply, and then Dande's surgeon comes up to me with a smile. "His operation was successful. I can see why you asked for a surgery instead of just pulling the arrow out. Had he not been put into cryo, he would've died within minutes. Anyways, he should wake up in about a day or so, depending on how fast he melts from being an ice cube after cryo. If any complications come up, let me know, and we'll check it out. Like the hair, by the way." The surgeon said, and told me where his room was. I then proceeded to walk to my beloved husband's room where I smiled at him as he stirred a bit. "Don't worry, sweetheart. You're safe now. Promise. Just rest and wait for your body to warm up. You just came out of cryo a few hours ago, after all." I whispered as Ash walked into the room, and smiled at me. "I see you actually did it, Piers. Gods... I love you both, but why'd you have to leave me with Nurse Joy?! You of all people know that she is TERRIFYING!!!" Ash complained, and I smiled before we cuddled up to either side of Dande and fell asleep, feeling the loving presence of Dande wrapping around us like a caterpie's cacoon.