Warm☁️🌺

The cold always bites at your finger tips around this time of year, how it kisses your nose but greedily embraced your fingertips. But you knew what the cold meant, to most it means family, holidays and all the rest of it. But really what the holidays meant to you was Micah! As your footsteps clicked and clacked toward the familiar door, you heard a rustling behind it. Now that could mean just about anything but you knew it was him. A melody filled your ears as the doorbell rung throughout the house.

"Micaaaah!" You called out, hoping that he was actually home and someone hadn't started to ransack the place. At least not before you start decorating.

"Angel?" curiously returning your call.

"Yeah! I'm here!" After that you continued to hear rustling. Wondering what he is doing behind the door.

Breaking the silence with "I mean I would love to stay out here and freeze to death but if you want I could come in and stop getting hypothermia." You chuckled, although the cold was getting harsh. The suns warm rays now replaced by twinkling stars.
Light peeled through the door as he opened to check it was actually you, only to be replaced by the giant swing of a door. Warm light and inviting smells filled your senses as your body marched inwards on its own.

"Angel! Darling!" He rejoiced, swinging his arms open to capture you, not doing a very good job of obscuring whatever he is very obviously hiding. Still though, it was nice to have some warmth after that frosty journey.

"Oh god the door!" You quickly shut it, desperate not to let any of the warmth out. Micah chuckled at your response. Cocking his head slightly to the left. God he was cute. He was always so nice and cute, funny, and not to mention is patient with you while you try to figure out how to crank 90's in fortnite (jokingly of course).
He is just the whole package.

"Aaaangel?" He teasingly snaps you back to reality, his voice coaxing you out of your thoughts such as you would a nervous animal. So gentle, so smooth. "Ah! Hello!" You awkwardly chuckle, even after the past year or two of being with him, you can never have your heart settle around him. Heat rising to your face and hitting the tip of your head. You two stand in the door way chuckling to yourselves, with only the crackling of the fire pit to accompany you. You smell something however, cinnamon? Peppermint? Chocolate? You March towards the kitchen to find out, only to be stopped by your awfully nervous partner. Only adding fuel to your curiosity.

"Uhh Angel! You can't go in there yet" creating a barrier between you and the kitchen using his body.
"Why? Awfully suspicious of you micah, I'd think you were hiding something.." you tease, slanting your body in a sarcastic manner. "Why if I didn't know better id think you were trying to surprise me"

"Surprise you?! Noooooo,,," he loses his awkwardness and instead jokes back
"I think your just looking for excuses to look in my kitchen and discover all my secrets,, " he gasps dramatically and turns his head, his hand resting on his forehead
"I thought I knew you..." he meets your gaze with a sad, if not very theatrical, face
Then silence, followed by giggling, followed by loud laughter. The both of you just shared a sense of humour that couldn't be beat. You loved being with him, these moment especially are the ones you cherish most.

"But im all seriousness.. you can't peek in here, what I'm cookin up for you ain't done darhlin" adding a country accent on to the back of his sentance. "Maybe if you beat me in Mario kart I'll CONSIDER... letting you take a look.. if I'm feeling nice"
"Uhuh, you seem to be forgetting who absolutely kicked your ass in Mario kart last time hmm..? And who had to wear the maid dress after?"

A deep crimson dusted Micah's cheeks and ears after hearing your teasing. If you were stupid you wouldn't have noticed him actually liking the maid dress... maybe something for a different night however. Micah stares at you, like your crazy? Did I say any of that out loud?
"Are you good my love? Need the medical professionals?"

"Ilikedthemaiddressactually" the almost mumble raps out of his mouth, you barely know what he said. A very deep crimson now glowing on his features, GOD HE IS SO CUTE.

"Honey? If you want me to understand you gotta stop speaking Minecraft enchanting table" you lightly chuckle at him, feeling your cheeks heat up just at the sight of him being flustered.

"ON TO MARIO KART!" He loudly announces, he takes your hand softly. Guiding you to the couch, where there are pillows and blankets and the switch is... on? And there is snacks- hang on is this planned? That's the cutest thing ever. You can feel heat filling your face as you just look out upon this beautiful picture. It's so cosy, so warm and the best part you have skrunkly AND Micah all to yourself. Literally perfect night.

"Oh I'll be right back!" He dashes into the kitchen, you can see him get visibly excited as he enters the kitchen. While he does that you get yourself situated within the blankets, pillows and skrunkly. With one controller in hand. Your feet and legs thanking you as you sit down and get underneath the covers. Feeling the warmth move throughout your body as the quilts press their weight down into you. Making your eyelids feel heavy. You didn't notice how long that walk was until you sat down..

"I'm baaaaack~~" your eyelids shot up to see Micah holding two giant ass mugs, of hot coco? Did he make that from scratch?

"Awh is my Angel feeling tired? Don't think I can't see how exhausted you look under those covers."

You only manage muffle a word in response, although when gifted the hot chocolate you lean in and kiss him on the cheek, to thank him. It was so so sweet of him to do that. He has no idea how infatuated you are with him.
"Maybe Mario kart is a morning activity for now. We can just watch a movie and relax; hey Angel?"
As a response you throw some covers over him and climb on top of him. It's amazing you didn't spill anything. Cuddling while drinking hot coco your bodies feel connected, you feel at home, at peace and safe. Really this is why you come home to him. He is home.

——————-

Thanks for being patient with me folks, I really appreciate it! This one might be a bit badly written bc I wrote it at 1am so i can't promise quality but I can promise at least 1000words! I hope you enjoyed!