Chapter 21: Dawn of War Pt 3

The group stood at the ruins of the Gremory estate, and decided it would be best to scavenge for any supplies, before they headed towards the dragon's territory. They decided it was best to split up.

Tiamat, Kokabiel, Dohnaseek and Penemue found themselves grouped together. They were looking for information, anything that could help figure out what the factions's plans were.

"So what exactly are we looking for?" Dohnaseek asked bored.

They currently found themselves, in Sirzechs old study.

"Anything that details war plans, battle formations, coordination. Anything along those lines." Kokabiel said suddenly.

Dohnaseek sighed and began to look around the room, for anything that popped out. Anything that was out of place, suspicious, or anything like that. He soon came to Sirzechs desk and looked at it.

It was a standard desk, one that you'd see in any office or study. He quickly started looking in the drawers, however, he didn't find anything worthwhile. However, as he closed a drawer he noticed one with a lock.

It was obviously locked, and he had no idea what was in it.

So, he decided to force it open.

Kokabiel, Tiamat and Penemue were surprised when they felt Dohnaseek's energy rise, and looked to him, to see him holding a light axe. They watched, in wonder, as he swung it downwards with a ton force. Then, they heard a sharp cracking sound as he broke the lock.

"What was that for!?" Kokabiel asked seriously.

Penemue looked at Dohnaseek like he was an idiot.

Dohnaseek looked dryly at the warmonger and the former secretary of the Grigori.

"This drawer had a lock on it. Must be something important for a Maou to lock it up." He said.

That made Kokabiel raise an eyebrow. Penemue just shook her head.

All of them walked over towards where he was and decided to take a look. Both Tiamat and Kokabiel, along with Penemue stepped forwards as Dohnaseek pulled out a few yellow folders. They were basic, for storing documents. He set them on the table and Kokabiel opened them and started looking at them.

His eyes widened as he realized what he was looking at.

"What is it?" Tiamat asked suddenly.

She noticed his expression, and knew instantly something was up.

Dohnaseek turned to Kokabiel as he heard him chuckle.

"Sirzechs was an idiot alright. To hide these in a simple locked drawer, is completely moronic." He started.

Tiamat rose an eyebrow.

"What are they exactly?" She asked impatient.

Dohnaseek wanted to know too, he wanted to get on with it already.

"These are battle plans, and they're descriptive as hell. The amount in here, details the Devils, Angels, and Fallen's positions. It also lists potential potential matchups, like they're setting us up with someone else. Norse is in here as well. This info is completely suspicious though, why would Sirzechs leave it in a simple locked drawer?" He said suddenly.

That made sense as well.

"Maybe it's an outdated one? Maybe they scrapped it?" Dohnaseek suggested.

Penemue looked at Kokabiel for a second.

"It's possible that could be the case, most of the time at the Grigori, we would just put old folders in a large file cabinet. Just in case we needed them later." She said suddenly.