pretty stupid

"i cannot do this, i am unable to continue any further, flames burn my throat and thorns are wrapped around my bones, be gentle with my fragile body" Moonbyul whined as Riki dragged her up the mountain their class was hiking.

"Moonbyul, be fucking for real" He grumbled, figuring that he could just keep dragging her, after all, he was also growing tired. "why are we doing this again?" she cried out, hearing Yuna laugh behind her. "stop being a baby"

She asserted, ruffling Moonbyul's hair before walking ahead. the girl raised an eyebrow quizzically. "what's with her lately?" she huffed, forgetting about the tiredness for a few moments. Riki shrugged and kept on walking.

"are you not gonna offer to carry me on your back?" Moonbyul crossed her arms and Riki paused for a moment.

"i would rather die" He deadpanned and Moonbyul scoffed.

"die then" she huffed, clutching her backpack. Riki couldn't help but grin upon noticing her angry pout and her pink cheeks— just how could anyone take her seriously?

"we could rest" Riki suggested but Moonbyul seemed skeptical. "we're gonna lose the rest of the class" Riki clicked his tongue. "Moonbyul— who. cares."

The girl nodded her head. "Fair enough" Coming to an agreement, the two were soon found resting under the shadow of a tree as the others continued their hike.

Moonbyul closed her eyes peacefully, laying in the grass as the wind blew softly the hair out of her face, her head comfortably rested on her backpack.

"you're kinda pretty" her eyes shot open immediately at the sudden statement, turning towards Riki, who was already looking at her. "pretty stupid" the boy giggled when moonbyul exhaled in relief after his remark.

"idiot" she whispered under her breath, although Riki heard it, she really couldn't care less, not that she had anything to hide, Riki pissed her off and he knew, and he found that very very amusing.

sighing softly, Riki looks up towards the sky, the broken sunrays shining through the leaves of the tree above, falling directly onto his face. He glances back at moonbyul once more. she is kinda pretty afterall. a stupid smirk makes it onto his face as the thought crosses his mind, but his expression changed before she could open her eyes and notice.

"you've been silent for too long. something on your mind?" she asks without bothering to look at him. he shrugs. "you" moonbyul face twisted in a skeptic almost disgusted expression. "gross, dude"

the boy laugh's heartily, holding his stomach, the melodic sound of his childish giggles echoing through the forest. "hey i didn't say what kind of thoughts i was having about you, did i?" he raised an eyebrow, the corners of his mouth curling in a smile that soon turned into a wide grin.

"ugh shut it Nishumura" she rolled her eyes and Riki snorted a laugh. "what are you laughing at me now?" she sat up and he didn't bother to wipe that mocking smile off his face. "i most definitely am" Moonbyul stole a glance at him and huffed, saying nothing.

She hugged her knees and pressed her back against the tree, carefully drinking up all the details of their surroundings. She was there alone with Riki.
In the forest alone with Riki.
With Riki alone in the forest.
She assumed she must have lost her damn mind.
or she was too tired to use it, that would also make sense.

"enough. let's go" she got up, gracefully dusting off her pants but Riki frowned, still laying there, not looking like he was planning on leaving anytime soon. "five more minutes" he mumbled, his eyes closing slowly.

"i'm gonna leave you here" Moonbyul stated, crossing her arms but Riki entirely shrugged her off by nodding, signaling that in fact he did not care. She could have been mean and actually left without him, but that wasn't Moonbyul's nature, she couldn't do that, no matter how annoying he was.

"ok, but only five minutes" she parroted, sitting down once more, a horrified expression making its way onto her face when Riki decided to rest his stupid coconut headass on her lap. "Nishimura. off. now."

the boy groaned and rubbed his eyes, looking right at the girl who was stating down at him. "you are so fucking annoying Moonbyul, has anyone ever told you that?"

"and you have such an audacity Nishimura, has anyone ever told you that?" She crossed her arms over her chest, confused when she heard Riki chuckle faintly. "Just shut your mouth for a minute. i wont bother you and you wont bother me, deal?"

Moonbyul clicked her tongue. "deal"

ITS BEEN TOO LONG
RECAP OF WHAT WENT ON SO FAR
new school year new student, riki and moonbyul were somehow bound to meet. moonbyul hoped in a potential friendship after they had read the same book with scarily accurate resemblances to their actual realities although her hopes were soon crushed after she accidentally read his diary, in conclusion riki couldn't stand her. that was until he had to ask moonbyul for a favor under difficult circumstances- a fake relationship. tangled between friendships, complicated feelings and odd situations, moonbyul and riki have now to find a way out