Et tu, Brute?

a group of students had already gathered at the theatre, they turn their head when moonbyul and riki walk in, seemingly interrupting their previous conversation.

"hey guys" one of the girls beamed, making space for them. "by the way byul i think JJ wanted to talk to you" Jieun informs while eyeing Ni-ki. the girl nods and walks to the backstage quietly.

he was there with his back turned on her, putting a couple of things in place. "Jieun said you wanted to talk" moonbyul says quietly and he seemed slightly surprised at her presence. "well...yeah" he nods as he cleans his hands from the dust.

he sighs deeply and walks towards her, little distance between them. he places a finger under her chin, raising her head to look at him. "i'm sorry, okay?" he says, sounding defeated.

"i know i don't have a say in the decisions you make for yourself i just... want what's best for you and you know it" Jj says softly, running his thumb across her cheeks.

"i'm not mad at you" moonbyul smiles softly, taking his hand away and he looked bitter for a few seconds before he quickly collected himself. "are you still gonna go around telling people you and Riki are together?" he raises his eyebrows. Moonbyul blinks a few times. "i really don't get why is it such a big deal" she shrugs

"i dont like him" JJ crosses his arms and Moonbyul chuckles. "yeah well, i could tell" she nods and suddenly he grips her shoulders, bringing her significantly closer to himself. "do you like him?" he asks sounding more serious than Moonbyul would have ever expected, or it might be that he had never spoken to her like that.

the question seemed to make moonbyul slightly nervous. she didn't really like Riki in any way, but the pressure JJ was putting on her for no reason made her uncomfortable. "no i do not"

JJ's heart raced as he and Moonbyul stood in the silence that followed after her answer. The tension lingered in the air, but a fragile peace had settled between them. As they gazed into each other's eyes, JJ hesitated, his emotions a turbulent mix of longing and uncertainty.

Moonbyul was unaware of JJ's inner turmoil, looking at him with a faint smile. "I'm glad we worked things out," she said, breaking the silence.

JJ, sighs, not letting go of her yet but his grip on her shoulders gets loose.

He stood in front of Moonbyul, captivated by the way her eyes sparkled in the soft glow of the evening. A comfortable silence settled between them, but within JJ, a storm of emotions raged. "are you okay?" she asked with a sheepish smile.

"not really" he shakes his head, immediately regretting saying that. the answer shocks moonbyul for a moment as she flashes him a concerned look. "what's wrong?" she asks softly and that seemed to only trigger him further.

he lets out a sardonic chuckle, pushing his hair back in frustration. she stood there one step away from him, unsure of that was happening. "Byul" he calls out, his hand sliding around her waist. "Byul" he says again, pulling her closer, his nose touching hers. A mix of emotions forms within Moonbyul and the strongest one was the urge to push him off immediately.

"dude what the fuck?" a third voice interrupted them and JJ immediately steps back. Moonbyul lets go of a sigh of relief. "i see you two are on speaking terms again" Riki says ironically, his eyes burning holes on their figures.

"the fucking show is ready, moonbyul, we were all waiting for you" he says harshly and moonbyul scoffs, deciding to not argue with him. She follows riki without turning towards JJ again, she did not have the guts to, not after that. Riki hated himself for feeling somehow betrayed.

she sits on the first row of the auditorium as the actors get ready. this was the last rehersal before the halloween show, everything had to be perfect. Needless to say that putting Shakespeare's Julius Caesar on stage simply could not go wrong.

they were talented, JJ who played Caesar, Riki Brutus, Junghwan Cassius and first and second years played supporting roles. the rehersal went well, until the popular scene of Caesar's assassination.

JJ looks up at Riki

"Et tu, Brute?"

JJ grits his teeth, something was off in Riki's gaze, he stares at him, the tension between them heightens. The audience senses something is off, but the play continues.

As Riki raises the prop dagger for the final hit, swinging it heavily and hits him, JJ groans in pain, coughing violently as everyone gasps. The stage falls silent, and an awkward stillness lingers.

"Cut! What the hell is going on here?!" Moonbyul shouts, her cheeks red with anger. She knew Riki did that on purpose.

JJ shoots Riki a disgruntled look, rubbing the spot where the prop dagger made contact. Riki, with an air of indifference, defends himself, "It's just acting, JJ. Can't you handle a little realism?"

The tension between JJ and Riki is palpable. "Everybody take five" Moonbyul dismisses them with a frustrated sigh.

"Jieun please check JJ, Riki i'd like to have a word with you"