The Ocean and Pearls

McQueen and Bronson shut the door behind me as I step inside the room. Once inside, my body falters and I slump against the door, heart pounding. I feel sick. My body lurches and I rapidly crawl into the bathroom. Body shaking and convulsing as the sickness expels from my body. I lean back, taking in rapid breaths as I try to calm my racing heart. I feel my body shake as I flick a metal knob, watching the water spin as chill bumps shoot up and down my body. Slowly, I stand and rub my arms, trying to smooth the bumps out as I walk over and lean against the counter. That was terrible. Turning on the water, I begin to take drinks and sloshing water around my mouth, attempting to get the burn and taste from my throat and mouth. As I lean back up, I see my reflection.

"I don't think I should eat that much ever again." I mutter as I turn off the water and slowly walk back into the room. I run my hand on the edge of a giant, fluffy bed. The blanket is soft and sleek as I slowly sit on it. I look around the room,  the high ceilings and the white ornate walls tower over me. My eyes lower as I run my hands over the the deep red blanket. The shade changes with each stroke, if I go up, it becomes lighter, if I go down, it becomes darker. "So soft." I whisper and something in the floor by my feet catches my attention. "My bag." I lean down and grab my bag. Looking inside I find the journal Joe made me. Pulling it out, I run my fingers across the cover and my heart sinks a little. "Joe."

My voice I quiet and faint as I begin opening the journal, turning pages and seeing the uneven stitches that he must have done to keep the pages together. A smile forms on my face as his words echo in my head, "every detail, write every detail". I walk over to the desk by two large, glass doors as I hold the journal. After setting it on the desk, I pull out the chair and sit down. After opening a few drawers, I find a pen and take a deep breath before opening the first page and beginning to write.

Dear Joe:
When you gave this to me, you said I had to have every detail written to share with you, so I only thought it appropriate to address them to you as well. I believe the last time I wrote was when you taught me how, so please let me apologize for how terrible it may look. Yesterday, I didn't ride a helicopter, rather something they call a hovercraft, and then I rode a magnetic hover train. I haven't gotten much rest since I left, but I guess I hadn't slept much before then either, not since I found out I was going to come here.
     Since being here, I have met a few interesting people. The first were the people here to make me look nice. They are a family, a husband, wife, and daughter. The husband, his name is Charles and he is the one who will make my outfits. He has smile wrinkles, they remind me of yours. His wife, Sicily, she is the one who does my hair. She has a gentle touch and always has a gentle smile on her face. Their daughter, Cora, she does my makeup. Even though they have been nice, well not really the daughter, I still feel unsure about them. I just don't understand the look in Charles's and Sicily's eyes, it's one I've never seen before. I also feel bad for them, because they are the best in the entire nation and they have been assigned to an impossible task; making me look nice.
     The next interesting people are my two guards. Bronson and McQueen. Bronson reminds me of a block, a giant beefy block, and McQueen is like a pointy thing. He reminds me of the needles one used to sew and make clothes. Everything about them seems to fit the way they speak... well except Bronson. His voice is higher than one would expect.
The last person is a girl who is also in the process. Her name is Reena, and she is rather loud at times. I believe she often says whatever she is thinking, which is typically rude, but not too me so much. She seems like she is trying to be nice, but like the others, I just don't trust it. I will say she showed me a lot of really good food, but I think I ate too much, because I got sick. Now that I think about it, I have never eaten so much that I've gotten sick before.
Anyways. Tonight, I am supposed to meet the guys-