Chapter 8 - A murder of woes

Wednesday strode into Isla’s room, she saw her sister sitting on the bed, looking very sad. “Tyler’s the Hyde, Xavier’s innocent.”

“Okay.” Isla shrugged.

Wednesday sighed, walking towards her. “Isla.”

Isla looked at her. “What?!”

Wednesday had a blank face. “You are right.”

“Hmm.” Isla hummed.

“I should have believed you.” Wednesday added.

“Hmm-hmm.” Isla hummed again.

“Isla.” Wednesday sighed. “I’m... I’m... Sorry, okay. I should have listened to you.”

Isla had a small smile. “I believed you when you said, I should have believed you.”

Wednesday rolled with her eyes. “I have an idea to get Xavier out.”

“I’m listening.” Isla comment.

-----------------

Wednesday and Isla walked into the cell from Xavier. He sighed. Wednesday spoke up. “Xavier… I’m not sure how much time we have. Thing distracted the guards and is looping the cameras.”

Xavier looked at the twins. “What are you doing here?”

“I know you’re not the Hyde. Tyler used me to frame you. He is the actual Hyde.” Wednesday replied.

“How do you know?” Xavier asked.

Wednesday looked at him. “I saw it in a vision when he kissed me.”

Isla sighed. “She kissed back.” Wednesday glared at her twin.

Xavier glared at Wednesday. “I’m… glad you were getting some action while I was falsely accused.”

Wednesday sighed. “I should’ve believed you. But since you seem to have some psychic connection to the Hyde, I was curious if you’ve drawn anything that might shed light on this?”

“You should have believed me too, you do know.” Isla sighed.

Xavier glared at the black haired pigtail. “You want my help? You ruined my life! No. I tried being your friend. Look where that got me.”

“This isn’t about us, Xavier.” Wednesday told him.

“No, it’s about you!” Xavier shouted. “Every time you get involved, people get hurt. You’re toxic. All you ever do is make things worse.”

“Tyler warned me something bad was coming. I think…” Wednesday was interrupted.

“I don’t care! Do you want to stop this? Then leave. Go far away and never come back. Do you understand? That can’t happen if you’re not here. That’s how you save everyone, okay? So, go. Leave!” Xavier shouted. Then, he scoffed in disbelief as then Wednesday walked out of there. Xavier looked at Isla. “You should leave too.” Isla nodded and leaves as well.

----------------------

Later, Wednesday went on her own and had grabbed Tyler with help of the Nightshades. She began to light torture him, but the others disagreed and they leave and went to Weems. Wednesday was suspended and had to pack her things. As of now Isla was in their room as Wednesday was packing. Enid looked at Wednesday. “I can’t believe I’m actually going to miss your creepy, lifeless eyes waking me up. It won’t be the same without you.”

“So I assume you’ll be moving in with Yoko. Leaving me in the past.” Wednesday told her. “Or with Isla.”

“I like to be alone.” Isla comment.

Enid looked at them. “Not ever.” Then, she asked Wednesday. “What about you? Will you forget about me?”

“Enid… the mark you have left on me is indelible. Anytime I grow nauseous at the sight of a rainbow or hear a pop song that makes my ears bleed, I’ll think of you.” Wednesday replied.

Enid frowned. “Thanks. I guess.”

“I always believed relying on other people to be a sign of weakness. That inevitably they would lead me to disappointment. Turns out I’ve been the disappointment.” Wednesday comment.

Enid looked at her. “Are you kidding me? I’ve learned so much from you. Part of it is admittedly criminal behaviour, but… most people spend their entire lives pretending to give zero effs, and you literally never had an eff to give. Any chance you’ve got some sort of sneaky plan to elude Weems?”

“Xavier’s right.” Wednesday sighed. “This prophecy cannot come true if I’m not here. But it kills me to leave when Tyler is still walking around free.”

“If he tries anything, we have a school full of gorgons, vampires, and werewolves, ready and waiting. We’ve got this, Wednesday. I promise. On a good note, I got a text from Eugene’s moms. He woke up last night. Maybe Weems will let you drop by on your way to the station.” Enid told her.

Thing snapped insistently. Wednesday looked around her. “I think we’re all set.”

Enid looked at Thing. “Thing, I’m going to miss our makeup tutorials. And you better keep sending me moisturizing tips.” Then, she looked Wednesday. “Stay in touch, okay? So, we’re gonna…” Enid wanted to hug her but she stepped back. “You’re right. Not hugging is kind of our thing.”

-------------------

Much later, Thing went to Isla’s room, the hand left quickly and went to Enid’s room, Isla followed, frowning along the way. When they arrived there, Thing walked through and went on the bed. “Wha…?” Ajax asked, confused.

Thing was showing then, talking. “Slow down! What happened?” Enid asked.

Thing was talking further. “Principal Weems?” Isla asked.

“What the hell is going on?” Ajax asked to them.

Thing was explained further as Enid asked. “What about Wednesday? Tyler and Thornhill took her?”

“Where?” Isla demanded.

“Crackstone’s crypt, what the heck? Who are the Nightshades?” Enid asked as Thing pointed at Ajax and Isla.

“I’ll… I’ll explain on the way. Come on.” Ajax replied.

“Yeah.” Isla nodded.

Then, they leave.

----------------

They were in the Nightshades club. Enid looked around. “I can’t believe you’re in a secret society and you didn’t tell me.”

“Because, you know, it’s secret.” Ajax comment.

“Hmm.” Isla hummed.

Just then, the others walked towards them. Enid looked at them. “Bianca, Davina… and Kent? Seriously, even Kent is here? How exclusive is this club?”

“So, what’s the deal with Thornhill being a psycho?” Bianca asked.

“She murdered Weems and then took Wednesday to Crackstone’s crypt. We have to get everyone in the school to safety before it’s too late.” Enid replied.

Ajax looked at them. “This is what’s coming.”

“So do we pull the fire alarms?” Kent asked.

“We don’t want to cause a panic and alert Tyler or Thornhill.” Isla replied.

“So how do we get everyone out?” Davina asked.

Bianca looked at them. “We’ll use our siren song to convince them.”

“Thing, Isla and I will go look for Wednesday.” Enid told them.

“Okay, Nightshades forever.” Bianca told them. All snap in unison.

Enid looked at them. “Seriously, a secret snap too?”

-------------------

Branches were snapping, they were running. Then, Enid yelped, pained grunt. Isla looked at her as then bones were snapping, flesh were stretching. “Oh my God. Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! It’s happening! Thing, I’m wolfing out!” Enid exclaimed. Enid’s howl was echoing. Isla and Thing went to look fort Wednesday further, but they found Xavier in the car.
Isla rushed towards it as Thing was Jumped on the car. Thing sliding squeakily. “Xavier!” Isla shouted.

Xavier was happily to them. “Yes! Yes! Yes, Thing! Isla!”

They got Xavier out. Isla gave him a hug. “Xavier!”

Xavier hugged back. “Isla!”

“Wednesday, we need to get to her!” Isla called, worried.

“We will.” Xavier nodded.

------------------

Isla and Xavier arrived at the scene, where Wednesday was. Crackstone stood for her. Then, Xavier used his bow and arrow and shoot, but Crackstone used magic and turned the arrow around. “Stay away from her!” Wednesday jumped in front of them. “No! Oh my God!”

“Sis!” Isla shouted.

“I’m fine. Go. Get them out of here! Now!” Wednesday called.

Xavier glanced at Isla, she was stubborn and so she stayed at Wednesday’s side. Then, he went to the other students. “Okay! Come on, guys. Let’s go! Go! Go!”

Wednesday got the arrow out, then Crackstone used magic again. But Bianca stabbed from behind. It didn’t do much. “I will send you back to hell.” The sword was cut in half and Wednesday used it and put it on his black heart. Crackstone disappeared unto ash.

Just then, Laurel walked up to them, she was holding a gun. Wednesday looked at her. “You brought a gun to a sword fight. It’s probably the first smart decision you’ve made today.”

“Wednesday!” Isla scolded her sister. She just shrugged.

“I might not get to kill all the outcasts, but at least I’ll get to kill you, Wednesday.” Laurel hissed.

Just then, the bees were coming towards her and so that she fell on the ground. “Yeah, that’s what you get for messing with Nevermore. Bitch.” Eugene comment. Laurel whimpering. Then, he looked at the twins. “Hummers stick together, right?”

Laurel was panting, clamouring. Wednesday looked down at her. “I’ll take it from here.”

“Maybe we should call the sheriff?” Eugene asked.

“Turn around, Eugene.” Isla replied.
Wednesday kicked Laurel in the face.

------------------

After that they walked out of the school and went to the others. Enid rushed towards the twins and hugged them tightly.

Then, Isla moved towards Xavier and kissed him in front of everyone.

-----------------

The next day, they were in Weems office. Wednesday looked at the bureau. “I hate to admit, but I am gonna miss Principal Weems. She could be a real pain. But she was tough. And she died for the one thing she truly loved, this school. For that, I have immense respect.”

“Me too.” Isla added.

Enid glanced at them. “She was one of us. Now that classes are cancelled for the semester, you have to come visit me in San Francisco. I can pretty much guarantee fog and drizzle every day.”

“Sounds tempting.” Wednesday comment.

“We will think about it.” Isla added.

------------

When they were in the hallway, they saw Bianca. Wednesday spoke up.  “Bianca. I owe you a thank-you.”

“We’re getting that fencing title next year. So don’t let killing one supernatural pilgrim get to your head.” Bianca told her.

“Oh, she won’t.” Isla comment.

Then, they saw Xavier from above the staircase and walked up to him. “I hear you’re a free man now.” Wednesday comment.

“Yup. All charges dismissed.” Xavier nodded.

“Good.” Isla comment.

Xavier looked at the twins. “Listen. When I was in the cell I said a lot of… things. Being your friend should come with a warning label. But… I don’t know a lot of people who would take an arrow for me. So… Welcome to the 21st century, Addams. My number’s in there already.” He held out two boxes.

“Wow.” Isla comment. She opened her box.

Wednesday opened hers. “That’s a bold move. I hope you’re not expecting me to call.”

“No, never. I’d settle for a text, though. You know what a text is, right?” Xavier asked.

“Goodbye, Xavier.” Wednesday replied and was walking away already.

“Hey, are you going to be back next semester? Yes? No? Maybe?” Xavier called after her as then he looked at Isla. “You are gonna call, right?”

“Yes.” Isla nodded.

“And you are coming back?” Xavier asked.

Isla nodded. “Of course.”

Then, they kissed.

--------------

On their way home, Wednesday was projecting her thoughts to Isla as she looked on the phone. There were odd pictures and gifs on it. ‘My very first stalker. Maybe this forced vacation will be more interesting than I imagined. Unlike my novel, not every thread has been tied up, nor every question answered. Secrets are still lurking in the dark corners of Jericho. Were Laurel Gates and Tyler just pawns in a bigger game? Will today’s stalker become tomorrow’s nemesis? I know the suspense is killing you.’

-------------

Auther's note: Chapter 8 is done and so this book! Now that this book is done, I will go look for grammer mistakes! See you all when sewson 2 is out! Greetings, Mandy