13- Pain

The bed is hard beneath me. Stiles is rushing around his bedroom, gathering his gear for the scrimmage tonight. He was just going to get ready at the school until he remembered that he had forgotten his jersey at home. Stiles decided to drive home real quick to get it. The game doesn't start for another two hours, but Coach likes having them all ready early.

A random blue shirt is thrown on the bed over Stiles' shoulder as he rifles through a pile of clothes. I easily dodge the shirt to avoid it hitting me in my face. I chuckle to myself.

Stiles whips his head over his shoulder. His eyes lock on the blank space of his bed, trying to decipher where I'm sitting exactly. "Kind of wish you would annouce when you're in the room."

I pick up his shirt and toss it to his hamper. My eyes don't leave Stiles the whole time and his eyes are wide. "Sorry. It's kind of weird."

"What?" Stiles goes back to looking for his jersey shirt.

"It's like my mind keeps forgetting that I am dead." I scratch the back of my neck. "Maybe it's because I'm talking to all of you again or something, but part of me feels alive again."

"Like we make you feel alive?"

I nod, knowing it's really no use because he can't see me. "Yeah. I wish I was alive."

Stiles straightens back up with his jersey in hand. "So do I." He whirls around to face me the best he can. "It's not any easier on us that you are kind of here. I can hear you and I can feel you, but it's not you. It's not the same. Everyday, I wonder if I'm going out of my mind because I'm talking to my dead girlfriend."

I drop my gaze to the floor. "I know."

"No, you don't." Stiles shakes his head, mumbling.

I stand up, arms crossed. "I'm the one that's dead, Stiles. You're still alive. Your heart is still beating. I risked my life to save Scott's. Because of that, I'm dead." I take a step closer to him. "I don't regret it. I don't regret it at all, but I do wish that I had survived. For the past year, I have been following you guys, praying that one day, you would be able to see me."

Stiles tightly grips his jersey in his hand. "You died in my arms. I have nightmares of that night every single night. It never ends." His voice raises a little. "And, now, I can hear you. Everyone else can see you and I can't. I probably look mental just talking to myself."

"I'm still here, Stiles."

He angrily throws his jersey to the ground. "No, you're not! You're not here! You're dead. And, as much as I wish you would, you're never coming back. I'm never going to be able to hold you or kiss you again. You're gone!"

I bite down on my lip, feeling tears forming in my eyes. "Stiles-"

Stiles grabs his hair in his hands. "What are you still doing here? You're dead, Carter. You should have moved on. You should have joined Allison when you dead. You could be reunited."

I shake my head. "I can't move on. Something is holding me here. You're holding me here, Stiles." I reach out for his hand, but he yanks it away. "Besides, I don't want to leave. I can help you guys."

His head moves from side to side. Taking a few steps away, Stiles clench his fists by his side. "Just go."

"What?" My voice cracks.

"I said go!" Stiles screams at me. "You're not even supposed to be here! You think you're helping us, but all you do is remind all of us that you are dead. I don't think you have even accepted that you are dead. You're dead, Carter. Start acting like it."

I start to back out of his room, sadly. "You- You don't mean that."

He turns to face the wall, angrily. Stiles' voice drops to a low whisper. "Just go, Carter."

My chin quivers from the tears that are streaming down my face. "I never meant to upset you. I-I just missed you." My heart breaks at these next words. "Goodbye, Stiles."

With a blink of my eye, the whole scenery changes and I'm placed in Lydia's bedroom. She's touching up on her makeup while Malia anxiously waits by her bed. My chest heaves up and down and that's all it takes for both of them to notice my crying state.

"Carter? What happened?" Lydia rushes to my side.

I claw at my chest. A sharp pain exploding right where my heart is. I shake my head back and forth, unable to express how I am feeling. My chest feels like it's about to burst open from the pain I'm feeling. I gasp for a breath, but find it nearly impossible. Why can't I breathe?

"Carter? Carter?" Lydia grabs my shoulders.

I blink, rapidly. Lydia and Malia start to blur in front of me. I hold one hand out to stable myself. "S-Something's wrong." I manage to croak out. I bend over, pressing my hands against my chest, right where I had gotten shot when I died.

"Oh, my god, Carter!" Lydia gapes at my chest.

I glance down to see blood seeping out of my chest, coating my fingers. "W-W-Wha-" I scream out loud at another sharp pain in my chest. My legs give out from underneath me and I fall to the ground.

Malia and Lydia fall down to their knees around me. Both of the press their hands to my chest to try to stop the bleeding. The major thought of me being dead not passing through their minds. I stare up at the ceiling, past their heads. This isn't normal. Nothing like this has ever happened to me.

"Oh, sh-" Allison appears above me. Her hands fly to her mouth. "Carter, I-I did something-"

I stare up at her. My body begins to convulse and if I was still alive, I'd think I was going through cardiac arrest.

Allison nervously runs her hands through her dark hair. "Okay, okay! Um, I know how badly you want to be alive again, so I did some research on this side." She begins to pace as I struggle for a breath. "There's a witch on this side and, uh- Aparrently, she has been able to bring the dead back. I- I didn't think it would actually work."

"Carter!" Lydia grabs my face in her hands to get me to look at her. "It's going to be okay."

I tilt my head back to try to get some air in my lungs. "A-Allison?"

"What?" Lydia furrows her eyebrows.

"She started to mumble these words and your name. I didn't understand it." Allison rushes to say. "I thought it was all a joke, but- but she said there may be side effects if this does work."

The pain in my chest become unbearable. I throw my head back, screaming. My eyes cloud with a white pain as my whole body feels as if it was lit on fire. I barely hear Allison scream that she's sorry over my yells of pain. I squeeze my eyes shut, praying that whatever Allison did would just end. Clearly, that witch- didn't even know thos really existed- did not know what she was doing.

One last scream emits from my lips before I submit to the pain radiating all throughout my body. My head rolls to the side, fully unconscious.

XXXX

Hello, friends. Just going to end the chapter like that. No other words. Try to decipher what all of that means.

Who knows what Allison just did to her.

I'm not even going to write a lot here. Let you guys wonder what I am planning. And, yes, I really do love to make you guys suffer. I really do enjoy it.

Question: Thoughts?

So, yeah!