16- Carter Martin

The girl in the mirror stares back at me with hazel eyes with small specks of green in them. Long eyelashes brush across the upper part of her cheekbones in an elegant fashion. Beautiful, strawberry blonde hair cascades down her middle back and partially over her shoulders. The girl's head tilts to the side in the mirror to examine the rest of her body. The dirty clothes were ditched for a cute pair of high waisted shorts and a loose, black and white shirt that she found had fit her rather well in the store. She had noticed that she gets colder more than usual, so under the shorts were a black of sheer black tights, paired with black converse.

The hazel eyes widen as Lydia steps up behind the girl and her mouth falls slack at how alike the two look. Lydia's eyes are filled with excitement and a smile graced on her lips. You could see how proud she was of her work. The one thing that Lydia was not too pleased with was the sneakers, but she gave up once she realized that there was no point in arguing.

"This is crazy." I breathe, absolutely befuddled by my own reflection. The girl in the mirror looked nothing like me, but it was me.

Lydia really gave me a good makeover. No one is going to recognize me now as Carter Argent. I look way too much Lydia now, which is a little freaky. Pretending to be Lydia's cousin will actually be quite easy. I knew her family quite well when I was still alive. Mrs. Martin loved me and almost treated me like her own daughter.

"I did good." Lydia proudly states.

I lean forward, examining my face better in her bathroom mirror. "I can't get over how much I look like you."

"Well, my mom did always say that we acted more like sisters sometimes instead of best friends." Lydia shrugs her shoulders.

I side glance at my best friend. "And, now, we're cousins."

Lydia beams.

"I wonder how Stiles is going to react now." I nervously turn to Lydia with worried eyes. "I mean, he fell in love with the girl with dark hair and blue eyes. Not this version."

Lydia narrows her eyes, frowning. "Carter, Stiles fell in love with you for you, not how you looked. I mean, when you were dead, he talked about the little things you did and how he missed them. Like, how you would say the weirdest thing during a conversation and not think twice about it."

A laugh bubbles out of my chest. "Funny. I did that when I was dead, too."

Her shoulder bumps into mine. "See? Stiles loves you for how weird and crazy you are. If this new look changes his feelings for you, me and him are going to have a little talk."

"I don't think that will be necessary." I walk away from her mirror flop down on her bed. The ceiling is white above me and I find myself focusing on the fan. "What are the plans next? I miss Stiles."

"Well, actually-"

I shoot up from the bed, head tilted to the side. The way Lydia had said that made me think that we weren't going to meet up with our friends like we originally planned. Earlier, when we were all together, we said that after Lydia was done making me over, we would all meet back up to discuss things. The most important topic would be about me.

"Things have changed slightly." Lydia steps towards the bed, scrolling through her cell phone which is in her hand. "After the scrimmage the other night, Violet, a teenage, orphan assassin, was caught by the police and Liam went missing-"

"What?!" I practically fly off of the bed. "Sweet, little Liam went missing?"

Lydia raises an eyebrow in questioning.