35 - Arrow

"What the hell is that?"

I pause while climbing into the back of the van with my hands full. I glance down at the objects in my hand before meeting Stiles gaze. "It's Allison's bow."

Derek and Liam both turn their heads in my direction. Their eyebrows are raised and confused by the large weapon in my hand. I didn't want to bring it with me, but after being hassled a lot by my own blood, I had no other choice. As Allison had said, "You're an Argent. You can do this.

Stiles shakes his head once. "No, I know what it is." He slides down the bench inside of the van to make more room for me. "Why do you have it?"

I finish climbing into the van and sit down beside him, trying to maneuver the bow and quiver the right away. The bow was too heavy for me to deal with and I didn't know how to properly hold it. Uncle Chris never really went over how to properly hold a bow. We had maybe a ten minute training session on it before he had to take an important phone call. 

I accidentally hit Liam in  the face with the side of the bow. "Oh, sorry, Liam." I apologize with a sheepish grin. I awkwardly set the two objects on the floor by my feet. "Allison made me bring it." 

"Why?" Liam asks, rubbing his cheek where I hit him. 

"She didn't like the idea of me going to Mexico without a weapon." I shrug my shoulders. 

Braeden slams the doors shut and walks to the driver's seat of the van. I slide closer to Stiles and stretch my legs out to the bench that Liam is sitting on. The van starts to drive out of the warehouse and follows Derek's truck.

"You don't even know how to use that thing." Stiles points to the bow.

I slide an arrow out of the quiver, twirling it in my fingers. "I mean, how hard can it be?" I grab the bow off of the floor and try to draw the arrow back.

"Carter, don't..." Stiles ducks when he sees me struggling to hold the bow and arrow. 

The three boys duck and try to move out of the way when I accidentally point the arrow in their direction. My arm shakes from trying to hold the correct position. 

"Hey, I think I got it." I grin after a couple of seconds of struggling. "Does this look right?" I turn towards Derek.

Stiles nearly drops to the floor of the van. "Carter, put the bow down before you shoot someone!" He shrinks away from me. 

I roll my eyes, chuckling. "Oh, come on, Stiles. I'm not going to shoot-"

"Carter!"

"- Ahh!" I scream at Aiden's sudden appearance in the van. 

My fingers slip and the arrow is sent flying through the air. Stiles practically shrieks and ducks down to avoid being hit by it. The arrow soars through the short distance and skins the side of Derek's shoulder. The arrow clatters to the bench after it hits the wall.

I anxiously lower the bow as my eyes dilate from shock. Derek scowls at me. His right hand flies up to touch where the arrow sliced through his skin. The cut wasn't deep or anything, but there was a little bit of blood. He grabs the bow out of my hand and throws it to the ground on the other side of him. 

"Sorry." I whisper with a guilty look. I point to the spot next to Liam. "Aiden surprised me." 

Liam swiftly slides away from Aiden, even though he can't see him. "He's right beside me?"

I nod, "Yeah."

Hesitantly, Liam waves his left hand through the air, where Aiden is sitting. Ethan jerks a thumb in Liam's direction.