First Day Back Home • Chapter 1

Naomi's Pov*

It was a long trip from New York to back home. It's not like I didn't want to come home, I love all of my friends but I was just feeling overwhelmed.

"Get up loser" Noah says as I snap out of my thoughts. We were here. I felt like I couldn't breath, knowing damn well I was breathing perfectly fine.

"Ok, Are you ready?" asks my sister Layla.

"I'm fine but are you ready" I ask. Layla nods. I'm not the type to play favorites but I'm just closer with my sister. Not that I don't like my brother but he's sort of a bitch. I can go on and on about how annoying he is.

As soon as we get home you could tell something was off about me. I'm usually making jokes and laughing 24/7 but not today. Today was probably the 2nd worst day of my life. After unpacking all of my clothes. My comes in my room and tells me we are going out for dinner. I was going ask why but who says no to going out for dinner?

I put on a white crop top with brown flare jeans and a brown puffer cropped jacket.

"I don't even know why I'm single, i might be mean at first but that's just me" I say to my self in the mirror. I look at myself for a few minutes then I get shouted at by Noah.

"Get yo ugly ass out yo room bitch" shouts Noah on the staircase. I roll my eyes. We walk to my favorite restaurant. Dustin used to take me here all the time when we were together. "Let's hope he's not here" I thought to myself. I ordered my usual taco and some Mountain Dew, who doesn't love a good taco and Mountain Dew on a bad day. After like 15 minutes I was almost finished but the universe was really testing me. I see dustin walking in with a girl in his arms, the girl looked just like me. I felt so betrayed.

"I'll be right back" I said. Dustin must have noticed me because I could see him following me to the bathrooms.

"Wait, Naomi" Dustin says out of breath. I turn to glare at him.

"What Dustin, what are you trying to tell me. why you cheated on me with maya? Or how you started a rumor that I slept with you" I said boiling out of rage. He was shocked and when I say shocked I mean it.

"You know what go fall off a bridge I hate you and don't ever talk to me" I said while walking back to my family. Just cause of that I was in a whole mood the whole day and refused to talk to anyone.

As soon as we got back home I cried my self to sleep. The whole mean girl act wasn't the real me. I missed my old self. When I didn't care about boy or how I looked. I guess middle really does change you. Naomi drifts herself to sleep thinking about what she said to Dustin today.

OK SO THAT WAS THE FIRST CHAPTER I CAN DO BETTER BUT THIS IS A GOOD START I HOPE I'm going to be doing the first day of school and like the backstory of what happened with Dustin and Naomi. Ngl the comments better not be dry LOL

Word count: 602