Ch.1 How I met him again.

(An: read description or you will be confused, bills pov.)

I wake up to the alarm on my phone going off like crazy, "Did I oversleep?", I ask myself groggily. I check the time, and it turns out the answer is yes. I jump out of bed and change out of my pajamas so I can put on my yellow hoodie and black jeans. After I'm done I brush my teeth and hurriedly put my dark blue sneakers on without bothering to get breakfast.

Once I get to my shop I take the keys out of my pocket and unlock the door, flipping the sign to 'open' as I walk in. After I put my apron on I start making pastries, and decide to keep a cup of coffee for myself so I'm more awake.

Then the bell rings as the first customer of the day comes inside. "Hi, welcome to the campus café! What can I get you?", I ask while mixing muffin batter. He looks familiar, brown curls, light blue eyes, familiar face shape.

"Hey, I've never been to a café like this, what would you recommend?" He responds. Hm, his voice sounds familiar too, but he just said he's never been to a place like this, so he couldn't have been here before today.

"How about a latte with a strawberry muffin?", I reply. "Can it be chocolate chip instead?", He asks. "Sure but the muffin might take a bit, can I get a name for the order?", I ask. "But it's just me and you?", He says more like a question than a statement. "It is for now, but it doesn't take long for the morning rush to come in." I tell him.

"People call me Dipper, and it's fine if the muffin takes a bit.", He says.
Mason pines! That's why he's so familiar. I write his 'name' on a cup and add chocolate chips to the muffin batter before starting his latte. I pour a shot of espresso into his cup, then fill it most of the way with steamed milk and let it foam up I give Dipper his latte, then pour the chocolate chip muffin batter into a muffin sheet before putting in the already pre-heated oven.

After a little bit of time I take them out of the oven and set the tray on a table in the kitchen. I take a sip of the coffee I saved just to keep myself awake this morning. Usually I wouldn't need it but I skipped breakfast so now I'm tired. I take out two muffins, giving one to Pinetree. "Muffin is ready!" I tell him. He takes it from my hand thanking me.

I eat the second muffin while checking for other customers. 'Great', it's just me and him. I notice that he's writing something, and go over to ask about it.

"Can I ask what you're writing?" I ask him. He jumps, apparently he didn't see me walk over. "Sure." He responds moving over so I can sit with him to see. I sit next to him and look at his computer to see an essay.

"I'm really not that good at writing, so don't expect anything great." Dipper tells me. I start reading and I can immediately tell he has talent. "This is amazing," I say, "I've never seen a student write this well." I notice a light blush creep across his cheeks as I get up to greet the new customer walking in.

I take their order and see someone else by the door so I start to bake while taking orders. Before I knew it the morning rush had started and Pinetree had left. I spent the next few hours taking and filling orders from students, sometimes people who just wandered on campus to get food or coffee here.

After the rush was over I took care of whoever came in late for a bit before closing to go upstairs and eat lunch. I wonder if my Pinetree will be back, it's not like this is the first day or the first time the shop's been open. People usually start coming here around the first day they realize how exhausting college stuff can be, I guess he was just late?

After lunch I head back downstairs to re-open and hopefully see some more customers. As I flip the sign to 'open' again I see Pinetree walking over. Going back to the spot behind my cash register I hear him walk inside.

"Hi, what can I get you?", I ask from behind the register once again. "Hi again, I think I'll try the strawberry muffin this time.", He said smiling at me. "Good choice," I tell him smiling, "any coffee?" "Not yet, I might need some later." Pinetree answers.

He sits at the bar with his computer while I grab his muffin from the counter. "Don't I know you from somewhere?", Dipper asks when I give him the muffin. "You seem familiar but I don't think so.", I lie knowing he'll freak out if he figures out who I am. He might get both of us in serious trouble if he knows...but he's too smart for me to keep this secret forever! I don't want him to find out on his own but how do I tell him and make sure no one else knows?!

"We're closing in about an hour but if you still need to write you can stay awhile.", I tell Pinetree still thinking of how to tell him I'm Bill cipher without him completely panicking. "Thanks, um I never got your name...", He responds trailing off. "Oh, um it's Bill...", I answer anxiously. I wait a second to see his reaction.

His eyes widen as a look of shock and fear cross his face. "Y-yo-you, w-wH-WHAT, HOW?!?! WE GOT RID OF YOU WHY ARE YOU BACK?!?!", He screams at me. "I'm not back to hurt you, I'm just here to get redemption....and if I can....your forgiveness.", I say looking at him sincerely. Please believe me, I'm telling the truth.... "I-I my for-forgiveness? Redemption?", He says confused, starting to shake. "I didn't want you to find out on your own, I'll give you sometime to process.", I say leaving my position at the bar to close again.

(TW:negative self talk, skip to end of paragraph)
I start packing pastries to give away later, while hoping my Pinetree can believe me. Why should he? I didn't even know him and tried to hurt him and end his world. Who does that? I don't deserve his forgiveness but what will I do without it, without him! I can't believe my soul got tied to a human. An amazing one! How did that happen to someone as horrible as me?

"Bill?", I hear him call out. "Yes?", I reply anxiously walking over to him. "C-can you explain?", He asks me. "Explain what dip?" I ask in response. "Why you're here, why you want my forgiveness out of anyone you could choose from, why me?", He says. "I'm here because I want redemption and I need you to forgive me, I don't think you're ready to hear why yet, but I promise I'll tell you.", I answer. Because I love you Pinetree, I love you... "Do you need more time to process...?", I ask anxious and a little sad that I can't tell him everything. "No..., but I think I want that coffee now...", He answers.

(First chapter of my first fanfic!!! If anyone reads this pls tell me if there are grammar mistakes, and if you want another chapter! Also any name suggestions for bills café? Thx for reading, till I hopefully see you again!)