Ch. 2 explanations (bills pov)

"What kind?", I ask him. "Any kind.", He tells me. I get him a big cup of espresso and start explaining, "When your gruncle Stan killed me in the mindscape I called in a favor from the axolotl, he revived me a few years later after I fully understood what I did to you, your family, and this town. I understand if you can't forgive me. I only did all of that because I was scared to face the other things I did, I thought maybe by doing more I could convince myself it was okay or that the universe deserved it...., just...I don't know.... Can you forgive me?", I ask sincerely. Please say yes, please... "Yes...You don't have a reason to lie to me right now, so maybe I can forgive you in time.", He answers taking a drink of his espresso.

"It's gonna be hard to write now...", He mutters while he puts his head in his arms. "I can go upstairs if you want?", I offer him. "No, stay, it's just a lot to process...", After hearing he wanted me around I sat next to him and touched his hand, too scared to grab it until I feel his hand squeeze mine. I squeeze back. "Are you okay?", I ask. Instead of answering he squeezes my hand harder. "I mean it Mason, are you okay?", I ask him.

No, he's not okay! He's holding hands with the dream demon who almost killed him! Why is he holding my hand? After everything I did to him and the people he cares about, he's still holding my hand. I didn't make him or anything! Does he care about me? "I don't know.", I hear him mutter under his breath. "Do you wanna talk?", I ask not fully expecting a response. "Not yet...tired...", He says. "You can sleep if you need, I'll take the couch upstairs and you can use my bed.", I offer. "Nooo...cann't take youur bedd...", He slurs sleepily. "Do you wanna share?", I ask not wanting him to fall asleep at my counter or have to go to a dorm like this. "M'k", He says stretching and trying to stand.

When he falls I pick him up bridal style and carry him upstairs so we go to sleep. Before I put him down I notice he's trying to hide his face in my arms. Probably trying to sleep, he's adorable! I move the covers and put him down so I can change into pajamas. "Hey, do you want some pajamas?", I ask quitely before noticing he's already asleep. So cute! I lay next to him and pull the covers onto us. I use magic to clean up and close the shop. "Goodnight love...", I whisper to him before slipping into his dreams.

(Dreams, Dippers pov)

I'm wandering around the woods on a path, I don't know where it leads yet but it's peaceful. There are pine trees all around it, sometimes mushrooms, flowers, and bushes. I keep walking down the path wondering about Bill. Why is he being so nice to me? Is it genuine or because he wants me to forgive him? Does he even really want that? Why did he let me hold his hand?

I notice I'm almost at the end of the path and it leads to a clearing. Bills here! I walk over and sit next to him. Wait why am I so excited to see him? "I can hear those thoughts Pinetree.", Bill says. I blush and try to hide my face in my hat. Wait when did I get a hat? "This is the mindscape Dip.", Bill tells me. "Why are you in my dream?", I ask him. "The same reason I want you to be the one to forgive me.", He answers.

"You still haven't explained that.", I remind him. "I know love, you still arent ready.", He replies. "Love?", I ask, "Is that what you called me?" "Maybe.", He says teasingly. "Bill! That's not an answer!", I yell. "Yea it is!", He tells me, still teasing. "Not a good one!", I yell back. He just laughs and points upwards.

I look up to see the big Dipper and lots of shooting stars. "Wow... did Bill make this?", I ask in wonder. "Yep! Do you like it?", He answers. Yes, I think I just wanna stay here awhile. I think as I subconsciously lean on him. The stars start to move to make a triangle intersecting with the cup of the Big Dipper.

He picks me up and sits me between his legs (not like that you pervert). I start to blush as he wraps his arms around my torso and sets his head on mine. "Is this okay?", I hear above me. "I like this.", I say smiling. "Good.", He tells me.

(Time skip to the next morning! Bills pov:)

I leave my love's dream and feel him cuddle into my chest before I can look down. I wonder if he likes me the way I like him. Should I wake him up? No. After I decide not to bother him he starts to wake up on his own.

"How were your dreams?", I ask as he stretches. "Bill..., were you really there?", He asks in return. "I'll always be there, but to answer you, yes.", I reply feeling my heart beat harder. Weird I didn't know I actually had one of those... "Why did you call me love?", He asks again. "W-well, I uh...I-", I stutter, "I don't know." You're lying. How do you expect him to forgive you like this...

He looks at me for a moment, confused. "I don't believe you, but I'm too tired to bother you about it.", Pinetree tells me before hiding in the covers. "I have a shop to open, so I'll leave you alone while I go get ready.", I tell him getting up. "Ook" I hear as I go to the bathroom.

I don't have time for a full shower today so I just get dressed and fix my hair. "Hey you can use my bathroom to get ready.", I tell him too no response. I go downstairs to open the café after looking at him for a bit.

(New chapter even though nobody asked for it. I just like writing too much and this helps me build skill. If you do actually like this sorry for short chapter. - the author)