Chapter 21

3rd Person POV-

"Help" a voice screamed in fear through Merlin's mind causing him to look around. Where is that coming from? He wasn't so sure he had really heard anything at all until... "Help me! Please" There it was again, loud and clear. Glancing around for a second time, his eyes landed on a young, pale, raven haired boy huddled behind a stone ledge. "Please. You have to help me" The boy pleaded, only his lips never once moved,"Help me" his voice getting more fearful and desperate by the second.

"Search in there. Take the other side. You, did you see a boy run in here?" Yelled one the Palace Guards, sending orders to his men as they hastily looked for the helpless child.

"They're searching for me" The boy explained to Merlin.

"Why are they after you?"

"They're going to kill me"

"Guards! In here!" The Guard, who appears to be in charge of the group, ordered.

"This way. Run. Run!" Merlin instructed the boy as they began to quickly evade the patrolling guards. The raven haired boy clutching his arm, that appeared to be bleeding.

"Hey. There he is! Alert the rest of the guards!" Merlin grabbed the child's hand, leading him into the Griffin Stairway. "In there. Quick, down there, We've got'em" The guards shot on their trail as they made their way through the large Castle.

Merlin and the boy bursed into Lady Morgana's room, "Have you forgotten how to knock, Merlin" the lady accused.

"The guards are after him. I didn't know what to do" the manservant explained, shortly followed by a loud knocking on the door.

"My Lady? My Lady?" The Guard called.

"In there" Morgana whispered as she pointed to the curtains behind her changing screen that flowed just in front of an alcove. Once the two were safely hidden, she opened the door for the guards.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, My lady. We've been searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way"

"I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and my maid"

"Best keep the door locked 'til we find him"

"Of course. Thank you" Morgana shuts the door as the guard leaves and rushes over to check on the boy. He lay passed out in Merlin's arms and Merlin's hand was covered in blood from the boy's injured arm.

***

Carly's POV-

Arthur hadn't been in his chamber's as he normally would this time of day and I had completed all there was to do without the Prince causing a mess in his wake. I left the room through the servants door and made my way through the castle in search of Merlin. Walking past the Council chamber, I could hear Arthur's voice... Was there a council meeting that I was unaware of? Curiosity getting the best of me, I walked around to the servants entrance, which was weirdly unguarded, and slid into the room.

"The Druid was only in Camelot to collect supplies. He meant no harm. Is it necessary to execute him?" The Prince inquired. Druid? They never enter the city, it is too dangerous.

"Absolutely necessary. Those who use magic cannot be tolerated" The King stated firmly. Oh, how I pity the man. He allowed his grief and anger to turn into bitter rage, to lead him to cause others pain and misery, to rule with fear rather than respect. I cannot understand how someone could murder and expect it to snuff out his own guilt.

"The Druids are a peaceful people" There's the once and future King we all love. If only the Prince were always like this.

"Given the chance, they would return magic to the kingdom. They preach peace, but conspire against me. We cannot appear weak" Weakness or tolerant and merciful? It took all my willpower not to speak up. The only thing keeping me back was the knowledge that Uther would not hesitate to order my execution for being a magic sympathizer or would claim that I, myself, was a sorceress. No man (or woman) should be allowed to have such power. Moments like these make me grateful for America, which unfortunately is not a democratic republic yet. Europeans don't even know the continent exists yet- at least in this time the Native Americans are safer.