Chapter 18

Lizzie had been talking about the King of Mezalea all morning. It was painfully clear she loved him. But when she had told Scott that King Joel was her husband, he wondered how he didn't know this, especially since Rivendell was supposed to be very advanced and well-informed. Jimmy soon got tired of her rambling and told her to just go to Mezalea and see him. The axolotl queen was about to dive into the water from the docks when she asked Scott if he had ever met Joel.

"No, I haven't. I think my parents have though," the elven prince said, shaking his head. 

"Well why don't we all go see him?" the pink-aired girl exclaimed brightly. 

Jimmy groaned, "Whyyyyy...-"

He was cut off by Lizzie grabbing his hand and pulling him into the water while yelling, "C'mon Jimmy! Don't be such a sea slug!" 

Lizzie waved her blue-scaled hand at Scott, beckoning him to follow her. Jimmy and Scott had told her that the winged boy had flown earlier that day, and she had confidence in him. "It'll be alright! It's a very short swim to the mesa! And if you don't make it, I can bring you back," she said smiling.

     Scott nodded and flapped his wings, the same way he had done that morning. Soon, the bottoms of his boots weren't touching the damp wood of the docks. He rose higher, and then in one strong flap, he was over the water, staring at his reflection in its glass-like surface. Then suddenly, it wasn't smooth as glass anymore, because Jimmy stuck his head out of the water, and when he realized Scott was above him, he smiled devilishly and splashed water at Scott's feet. In return, Scott dipped closer to the water and kicked his already-wet shoes at the cod hybrid. Jimmy laughed, and by this point, Lizzie had dove into the water and popped her head above the blue liquid, and beckoned the boys to come. The group laughed and talked the whole way to Mezalea. 

"Guys! Where here!" Lizzie stole a glance at Scott who was looking at the kingdom with wonder-filled eyes. His mouth was gaping and the queen couldn't help but crack a smile. "It's beautiful isn't it?" she asked Scott. 

"It's breathtaking! And I thought that Rivendell had amazing architecture. It's nothing compared to this!" he said, his eyes darting around, trying to get a good look at all the buildings. 

"The Swamp Empire is literally wooden shacks, and this empire is so detailed," Jimmy said with a huff. Scott just laughed. Then Lizzie waved towards the Mesa's dock, and it was just then Scott saw someone standing near the water. He had dark brown hair, with a green strip in the very front, a magenta suit, and black pants. He also had a golden crown with green jewels perched on his head. He was grinning and waving back at Lizzie. 

"Hi, Joel!" she yelled at him. However, he didn't respond, leading her to believe he hadn't heard her. Jimmy swam faster, and was the first one to the dock, though with Scott not far behind. While Jimmy pulled himself up onto the dock, Scott's feet thunked on the wood, and Joel looked at the elf with a curious expression. 

"Joel! Lizzie said she wanted to trade with you, but I know that she just wanted to see you" Jimmy said out of breath. 

"Hey! I heard that!" The Ocean Queen yelled from behind. 

Joel laughed, then turned to Scott, "Hi! My name is Joel, I'm the King of Mezalea! That's here by the way."

"Oh! Yes," Scott said, flinching slightly "Uh, well, my name is Prince Scott, um, of Rivendell, uh, you know where that is right?"

"Yeah! The land of the elves! I have never been there, but I've heard the architecture is stunning," Joel said with a big smile. 

"Yes, it's very pretty," Scott said. 

"So Joel, how have things been in Mezalea? It feels like forever since I've been here," Jimmy asked. 

"Well, the terracotta business is very good, same with concrete." Then Joel turned toward Jimmy and whispered something to him, but Scott couldn't understand what they were saying. However, he knew they were talking about him. So, while they talked, the elf stood there, silent and uncomfortable. 

"Well, ok," Joel said, louder than before, walked to Lizzie, grabbed her hand, and pulled her towards the Matral Palace. 

Jimmy started to follow them but he didn't hear the elven prince's footsteps behind him. He turned around and grinned, "Scott! C'mon!"

-----------------

This chapter was very long, I'm sorry for making you read all that, even after I said short chapters. Most chapters are 300ish words, while this one is 780ish, soooo, yea.  - Ives