Chapter 21: Critics and Supporters

Lois...

Two months of being in a relationship with Andro is a blast, we are still sharing so many things in the Lord as our priorities but now we also shared dreams, preferences, desires, and even plans for the future. I can say being with him is a blessing, we have this long-distance relationship but it doesn't change the fact that our feelings for each other grow each day, we talked more now on video, and write more on skype or messenger, and all seems alright and goes as we wanted.

As a new couple, we also discover more of ourselves that even being best friends before we don't discuss, like past relationships. In his case,  I knew a little of his past but I never asked the name of the lady or any details about her, because, for me, I don't have anything to do about it, although nobody knows that I have been very clever with him. Yes, we are already in a relationship, engaged as he puts on Facebook status but I always remind myself not to totally fall in love with him, because aside from the fact that we have not seen each other yet, there are too many criticisms I heard around, even my manager was super against about it.

"Lois, be very careful with him, he is very
far from you, he travels a lot, there he can meet many beautiful ladies and you here what will you know?"

"He is different. He is a man of God, a believer, and he is aware that if he did something wrong, he would not only be accountable to me or to other people, but also to God, and I have trust in him".

"I've encountered a number of women like you who have a foreign boyfriend; he came here, got her pregnant, and what happened after that? She was abandoned by her boyfriend while she was pregnant. I do not want that to happened with you".

"No, ma'am, don't worry. I am very convinced in myself that I will not consent to premarital sex. If he wants, that implies he is not for me. But I doubt this is the case"
I reasoned out but she was not convinced. Every day she's been grumbling about this matter until one day, I talked to Andro about it.

"What makes her say that?"_ he was upset.

"Because lots of cases like that here in the Philippines and I understand her point, I told you this for you to be aware"_I explained

"I don't like her remarks, and I don't need her approval either"_ I can sense that he was really upset which I also understand because maybe he felt being judged without knowing who he really is.

" Just forget it" _

"I don't want this to affect our relationship, I don't want this to make you doubt my intention and love for you"_

"It will not, I trust you and I know you fear God"_

After assuring him that these comments will not affect me, only then did he calm down.

If we received criticism, we also receive lots of supports especially from my family, the only thing is that in a short period, I gain fame from all Christian localities that we knew. Many people want to know who I am, and who I was. Many people sent friend requests, and scroll my Facebook profile because they all want to know what kind of woman Andro chooses.

Many messages I receive wanting to know me more, and all of these start affecting me but I always hold in my heart the security I felt for this relationship in the Lord.

___________________
May 2015...

Andro's parents were scheduled to visit the Philippines, and two weeks before they will depart back home, Andro will come over to meet me in person.

"Are you excited to see me?"_  he asked one day we were chatting with each other.

"Yes, I do"_ even though I started to get nervous inside.