Chapter 11: Family or friends? Which one is real.

-Lunch is ready!!

Jane was awakened by her mother who was yelling across the apartment.

"Oh gosh it's late" she thought. 

The young girl turned on her phone to see what time it was. It was already past noon. She looked around and saw her little lamb next to her on her bed. She jumped out of it, and  passed in front of her mirror. But she wasn't in the reflection. The young girl started to panic, however, she suddenly realized that 3 hours ago, she had turned invisible. Antoine, who was now under her sheets,  could not see her and she couldn't remember how to become seeable again. She took a deep breath, looked around her and imagined seeing herself in the mirror. After a short time of panicking and focusing, she reappeared. She was so proud that she went to her kitchen jumping cheerfully like a kangaroo.

While she was eating, Jane thought that she should try the formula with all her family. So, Jane asked:

-What comes to your mind if I say Emerald?

-Rock, said her father

-Jewel, said her mother

-green, Diane said.

-Al2Be3, in chemical, shouted Axel proudly, he always had to show off.

-And you Theo, what would you say? she asked with a little hope

-I don't know, I don't care about your dumb questions.

-Ok... thanks for your help. She knew that he was obviously not a fairy.

Jane ate her meal, keeping herself from shedding tears.

In her bedroom, she tried not to think about the fact that her entire family life was a lie. So she kept herself busy thinking. She had an idea to start the searches. The young girl would post a private story on Instagram asking her friends living in the same city as her what they thought if she said Emerald. Maybe she knew the princess herself!

The girl turned on her phone, she had a message from her friends. Suddenly she had a wave of sorrow, her heart squeezed. Jane thought that at least her friends were real and Constance was even biologically closer to her than her own family. She opened the notifications, her friends had found a number and some Facebook profiles corresponding to the names of the chosen.

Jane: You're the best guys, let's meet this afternoon to share information.

Mathilde: It works for me!

Cleo: Perfect, See you at 3 pm

Constance: Okay, I can't wait!!

Jane jumped out of her bed, very excited. Her excitement went low when she remembered she had some homework to do. She grabbed the teddy and told him about the great news in a hurry. Then, she put him back on the bed very carefully and settled down at her desk, ready to do her homework. The young girl had physics exercises, but she couldn't understand an ounce of the new chapter. She looked at what she had to do and instantly frowned, puzzled. She grabbed her lesson to read it again and started to underline it. As Jane was focusing on the paper, she felt a presence behind her. Not having seen or heard anyone coming, her heartbeat went up and she turned around slowly, her eyes wide open. She jumped when she saw what felt like a wall just in front of her eyes. Jane looked up, it was Antoine, she started laughing and said: 

-OMG, you scared me, can't you just warn me next time you're staying behind me!

- Sorry, he said with a smile that brought out his cute falsehood and emphasized the warm shine in his eyes. Jane turned back on her desk to hide her red cheeks and acted like she was focusing on her lesson. He bent to look over her shoulder so close to jane that she stayed motionless.

-Wow that seems tough, in fairy's world it is more about feeling than about thinking.

-yeah, I don't get anything, I'd rather learn how to use my powers but unfortunately, I have to study incomprehensible formulas.

-Well unfortunately your main power is not intelligence, he teased.

-she raised her eyebrows and giggled:

 -well yours is definitely not being funny. "OMG he is handsome AND he is funny, what's next?" Jane thought.

-ouch, said Antoine throwing his hand against his chest like he had a heart-attack. He laughed and said:

-By the way, what time are you going to meet your friends?

-3pm but you should come!

-No, I'd rather keep gathering every last pieces of information so we can have an exhaustive list when I share them with the other Reified.

-As you wish, I should get going, see you. Said Jane taking her coat.

-Bye!