🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 27

A/N: good news everyone! I'm almost done with the side stories so we might start book 2 earlier than expected! I just need to figure out how to end them...🙃
4/1/23

"Welp, looks like we got some cleaning up to do," Cater says as he looks around the destroyed rose maze. "All that work making the garden Magicam-worthy, and now it's a total tire fire. Laaame," he says with a sigh.

"I'll help out," Trey says, only to be stopped by Cater.

"No, why don't you get Riddle to the nurse's office. That was a full-blown case of overblot. We need to make absolutely sure he's okay."

"Mr. Diamond is correct. I will go along with you," Crowley says, looking at Riddle. "It also might be best for you to come as well, Angel," Crowley says with everyone looking at the girl's tired appearance.

"Ah...no..." She mumbles out, making everyone sigh at her.

"Just go with them," Deuce tells her, making her look at him. "You look way too weak, and you dealt with Riddle in that barrier. Plus, you look pale, so it might be best for you to rest."

"Yeah, teacup. It won't do well if you push yourself," Cater says smiling at the girl.

Angel only looked around and meekly nodded at the boys' suggestion. "I'll go then."

"Great, then we shall go to the nurse's office then," Crowley says as he walks off with Trey, Angel, and Riddle following him.

While the three head to the nurse office, Grim exclaims. "Man, am I STARVED after usin' so much magic!" Grim looks around and spots a familiar stone. "Hmmm Hey, check it out! That's another black magestone, just like the one we found at the Drawfs' Mine!" He picks up the stone and Ace and Deuce look at it.

"You're right. Wonder where it came from?" Deuce wonders.

"Just don't put it in your mouth this time," Ace sighs, remembering how Grim ate it last time.

Grim only glares at him. "No way. After how great that last one tasted, I can't get that thing in my mouth fast enough!" Grim eats the stone in which Ace and Deuce only sighs and Cater is creeped out at it.

"Aaand there it goes," Ace says nonchalantly. "I still don't know how Angel deals with you."

"Oh, Grimmy...Have some self-respect, honey! That was literally trash," Cater says but Grim just ignores him.

"Ahhhhhh! Rich and sweet, but with a complex hint of bitterness in the aftertaste. Equally delicious, but with quite a different mouthfeel from that last one I ate."

Ace only sighs at Grim's description. "As a monster, maybe his stomach works different than ours?"

"Even still, eating trash can't be good for anyone," Deuce says.

Grim starts nibbling on the grass and his eyes widen at the taste. "Ooooh! I just tried the grass, and the flavor was surprisingly pleasant! Crisp, even!"

"That's our lawn! Don't eat that!" Deuce shouts at Grim in which Grim only pouts.

"Uh, A-F-K while I go throw up..." Cater says, mumbling something else. "But...seriously, guys. Thanks."

"Did you just say something?" Ace says to Cater, who only gave him a smile.

"Hm? Nope. Not a thing," Cater says as they start cleaning up the garden.

As Crowley and the other arrived at the gate back to the college campus, Angel stopped, feeling something hot spread around her body, but that's not the only thing that spread as she feels a sharp pain, as if she's being stabbed at all directions. She remembers what the voice said right when the barrier broke.

"Your fate is now sealed, little one."

Suddenly, she collapsed to the ground, causing Trey and Riddle to turn around and look at the girl in concern.

"Angel?!" Trey exclaims, getting Crowley's attention as well. Angel suddenly screams in pain, making Crowley and the boys confused she screams in agony.

"IT HURTS! IT HURTS!" She screams as she feels like she's being stabbed all throughout her body, eventually black cracks appear on her skin, making everyone look at her in horror. Tears prick her eyes as she tries to focus away from the pain by closing her eyes, but the pain only intensifies, making her aware that it's there and it's not going away so easily.

"What is going on with her?" Trey looks at Angel crying in pain, asking Crowley who only looks at her in shock.

"She wasn't like this..." Riddle says as he recalls the girl being fine when they were in the barrier.

Angel could only scream as the pain continues, and when she opened her eyes to look at the others, they all gasp at the fact that the whites of her eyes has turned black, with the cracks spreading to her face. She continues to scream in agony at the pain.

Crowley approaches her and carries her, trying to observe her as she writhes in pain, her screaming continues. "Could she be...?" Crowley mumbles, before turning towards the two students. "It seems we must hurry to the nurse's office," and Trey and Riddle only agrees with Crowley, more worried about the girl in Crowley's arms as she screams with each touch. The three hurriedly gets to the nurse's office main area, in which Crowley tells Trey to keep an eye on Riddle while he's recovering from overblot, while Crowley put his focus on Angel, who kept screaming on the way to office, going in and out of consciousness from the pain she's experiencing.

"I need a faculty member right now!" Crowley demands, making some of the nurses scrambling around to get someone to help Crowley and the girl. Crowley only places Angel on a bed isolated from the rest of the nurse's office, and she could only look at him while the nurses try to calm her down. She noticed that the nurses come towards her with bags of liquid and needles, but she couldn't even focus on it, only staring at Crowley. "Don't worry, Angel," Crowley says as she starts to close her eyes, hopefully to make her fully unconscious this time. "Everything will be fine," she last hears before falling into oblivion.