Chapter 2: The Mysterious Man

__________

Last Chapter-

You really started feeling like a part of this weird family. You had fun until... You passed out on the ground. Everything went pitch black. You started feeling numb and tired all over your body. All you can sense is the smell and taste of warm, wood, and fresh grass scent in the air. And the echoing shouting of Dipper and Wendy asking you if you are okay...

__________

As you wake up, your vision is blurry, and you have a massive migraine. Wendy and Mabel run to you as you blurt out some gibberish of confusion. Laying on the couch, lazily, you sleepily get up to sit cross-legged. "Y/N! Y/N! ARE YOU OKAY!?" You hear Mabel shout concerned, as you turn around to see no one there. You turn around again to look forward, and you see Mabel right in your face. And Wendy was next to her, standing frightened. "Huh? What happened? I'm tired..." You said slowly, and mumbled as you spoke. "You passed out for two hours straight! What the heck happened there man!" Wendy said with obvious concern for you, too. You closed your eyes as you felt a chill across your back. You shuddered as you shakily assumed, "I must've passed out... Because I was just so tired and sleepy..." You tried to explain your best what happened. You didn't even know what happened yourself, you never had this type of experience before...

"Why were you so tired anyway!?" Mabel asked with a confused, yet now relaxed, face and voice. "Listen, I try hard not to overdo it..." You stare at Mabel and Wendy seriously, "But..." You pause for a deep moment, as silence fills the air. Your ears started ringing a high-pitched noise, "But... I had an all-nighter... I might have insomnia, to be honest, because I just almost don't feel sleepy anymore. I also didn't eat all day, and had some strong tea... Maybe that had to do with me passing out, I just had no energy. Neither from sleep... nor from food..." As you explain regretfully, "And the caffeine made me sick." Wendy smiles at you with a smirk as she relaxes and looks at you jokingly, "Well... You certainly are a troublemaker. I like you, you sound fun Y/N. Happy to be hanging out with you." She smiles as she points at you, "But it's a big feat pulling all-nighters. I tried to do some but it always resulted in me just falling asleep. How old are you again?" As Wendy smiled, Mabel grinned. She was certainly happy at the fact that... Not only were you okay... But you got accepted by Wendy.

Dipper comes out of his room, as he hears you talking, "Y/N! Is everything alright!?" He yells frantically as he drops a weird, maroon-red book with something gold glistening on it. "Oh, Y/N is just a bit tired from pulling an all-nighter." Wendy smiled at Dipper happily. "Sounds a bit like you BroBro, and Grunkle Ford!" Mabel laughed as she teased Dipper. You pause to think.

"Who's Ford?"

As the room filled with silence, everyone looked at you with a blank stare. "Oh! We've spent so much time with you that we forgot you're still new here!" Dipper laughed nervously as he picked up the book he had previously dropped. He looks at Mabel, obviously annoyed, goes back, and shortly comes back again. But without the book. Dipper walks over to the couch as he also sits on it. You all flinch at the sound of sudden lighting, and eventually, everyone laughs at the sudden event.

As the front door flings open, a tall dark figure stands right behind the door frame. Standing dramatically as his left-hand rests on his chest, and the other is on his side. It was pitch-black outside, except for when flashes of lightning shone brightly to reveal himself.

"Hello everyone." The person said as he stepped inside, soaking wet, even more than you. He had a deep, meaningful, and serious voice. As Dipper scrambles from the couch, Mabel flinches in surprise, and Wendy turns around. You slump to the ground to stand up to see what was happening. Dipper laughs nervously, but happily, and runs out of the door. Mabel joyfully ran with her hands up after Dipper. Wendy grabs your wrist and smiles at you, "C'mon! Let's see who's there!" You nod and you both run out, Wendy still holding you tightly, almost dragging you. You look at a soaking wet man as you stare at him with surprise. He was wearing a red turtle neck sweater, a tan-colored coat, a black belt hanging across his shoulder, and dirty boots. He also had big glasses, one of the lenses was cracked though. "Nasty weather outside. I should've grabbed an umbrella." He said as you see him squeezing his coat and sweater as a giant puddle appears on the floor.