she's not fine.

LAURA LOVEGOOD WAS merely a soul split in half

LAURA LOVEGOOD WAS merely a soul split in half. One side of her longed to dance and sing, to swim in blissful ethereality, and the other was content in simply angering the status quo and fighting to increase the backlash of common society. 

To dance and sing was a perpetual failure in her eyes, and her reputation would be in ruin if she showed her longing for it. She wanted to rebel against everything and everyone, but she also shared an equal passion in submitting to the likes of happiness and song.

So, she did both.

She could be exactly who she wanted in private and everything her mother wished she wasn't in public. This probably wasn't the healthiest, but it made Laura feel as though she had control over her life all the same.

And having control, to Laura, was the only thing that tied her life together.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE, stop throwing food at me." Laura dodges another one of Alice's green beans as it flies from her fingers, set to be aimed toward Laura's head. "I didn't do anything wrong."

"You're a traitor!" Alice complains, hurling another green bean at Laura. "You were fraternizing with the enemy, and now he knows about me and Frank."

Remus nearly knocks over a bowl of mashed potatoes as he scrambles to get away from the stray vegetables that miss Laura and threaten to fly at him instead. "Laura, just apologize," He pleads, practically falling into Mary's lap as he tries to put as much distance between him and Alice's line of fire.

"But it wasn't my fault," Laura responds stubbornly as she brushes a piece of broccoli away from her robes. "He was the one making me help him find books, not the other way around."

"Yes, yes, and you had to save poor Agatha from being burned." Everyone turns to look at the witch in question while she stuffs her mouth full of food. She blinks in confusion as Alice rolls her eyes. "Nobody cares. Frank is in shambles because of you, and now he won't even attend classes— I'm quite sure if I have to lug his books up to the boys' dormitories one more time, I'll collapse."