paper cranes.

"YOU COMING, LOVEGOOD?"

Laura's blue eyes find Evan's, incredulity swirling within their depths. "For the last bloody time, Rosier, I'm not skipping Divination with you! Go find someone else to ruin your future with!"

Evan flops dramatically into the chair in front of Laura. Her fingers drum on her desk impatiently as the clock ticks by slowly — she'd skipped breakfast to avoid the Slytherins, and somehow Evan had caught on. He shoots her a pout. "I sacrificed a full bowl of oats and honey to convince you to come. Now what am I supposed to do, sit here and starve?"

Laura's fingers stall as Regulus walks into the classroom. He doesn't acknowledge her with so much as a glance as he sits behind her and leans back in his chair, his features etched with cold disinterest. Evan shoots Laura a grin. "Reg isn't one much for mornings." He turns to look at Regulus. "Are you, mate? You act like a senile cow who's been kicked out of bed during heat."

Regulus huffs behind Laura, and she swears she can smell the peppermint coffee on his breath from where she's sitting. "Fuck off."

Laura stares out the window next to her desk silently, the corners of her blush-painted lips twitching into a frown. Regulus has been ignoring her for two days now, and he even went so far as to skip their tutoring session yesterday — he left Laura waiting in the library for two whole hours. She feels so stupid. She allowed him to see her vulnerable, and he won't even meet her gaze now.

"Did you hear me, Lovegood?"

Laura's eyes snap up to meet Evan's. His freckled nose scrunches as he grins again. "I said, we got bloody lucky your friends are such arseholes. Pandora would have been fucking ecstatic to see you here in class with us."

Every time Laura thinks she's gotten away from the pain Sirius left her with, she's harshly snapped back to reality. "I guess." She murmurs non-committedly.

Regulus snorts but makes no comment. Laura whirls around. "Do you have something you'd like to share, Black? Really, I'd love to know what's so amusing."

Regulus' eyes stay trained on Evan unfalteringly. "Did you hear of the pixies escaping in the common room? Thomas Hildright's entire wardrobe was eaten in the aftermath."

Evan looks at Laura and cocks a brow before looking back at Regulus. His eyes twinkle with mirth. "I might have had something to do with that."

"I figured," Regulus hums. Laura turns back around and chooses to ignore him as well, lips pulled into a scowl. Her eyes narrow and drift toward the window again as Professor Onai steps into the classroom and students begin to file into the classroom. Divination is a joint class with the Gryffindors, and Laura can feel glares protruding into the side of her head — it's the first time she's had Divination since the argument with Sirius, and Laura had been fretting this would happen. The sweet scent of honey and flowers fills the air as Andromeda settles next to Laura.