SIX

Snack time.

On the gazebo, under the gleaming sun and the calm wind, two men were stuck staring at one another, in curiosity and the other, yearning.

It was a few minutes before Tanaka decided to move, looking around before pulling himself up with the man's support, his hand holding Tanaka's.

His gaze landed on the spectators, Miku looking at them with enthusiasm while Akira stared at her, looking pretty infatuated.

Seeing them caught red-handed, Miku chuckled and played it off before she swiftly made her way towards Tanaka, holding his arm and wrapping it with her own.

"I'm glad to see that both of you are getting along well~!" Miku said playfully with a smirk, nudging at Tanaka in a gentle manner that he barely even noticed.

Facing Miku, Oota looked at her with a smile and laughed quietly before directing his gaze towards Tanaka.

"It is nice to meet you! I waited for a long time, you know?" Oota said, whispering the last words while stepping closer to Tanaka.

"Oh- nice to meet you." Pausing for a second, Tanaka replied before distancing himself from the man.

Seeing Tanaka's response from his action, Oota was a bit disappointed but did not pursue it any longer, a glint flashed through his eyes as he attempted to conceal his annoyance.

He cannot even approach him even though he is craving, yearning to feel his warmth once again. His eyes flashed red although momentarily as he determinedly decided that he will never lose Tanaka again.

Twice was enough, more than that and he will do whatever is necessary to prevent such an incident from occurring once again, Tanaka shall never escape his sight but who is he to keep Tanaka locked away? He is merely someone that Tanaka just met.

'You will keep me around as you always had, I know you will and I will make it happen' Oota thought to himself, following Miku and Tanaka as they walked over to Akira.

A chill went up Tanaka's spine for reasons he doesn't know, perhaps it's a sign of a good omen or perhaps the other way round, either way, he doesn't know what it is to even think about preventing it.

Seeing Oota's obsessive gaze, Akira looked at him with a piercing gaze with an amused expression plastered on his face.

Feeling the intensity, the other party looked over at the smiling Akira and Oota raised his eyes, questioning.

Noticing Oota's hypocrisy, Akira rolled his eyes, chuckling before he greeted Tanaka as he and Miku arrived in front of him. Miku noticed his behaviour and looked at him weirdly before looking back at Oota who was facing the other way.

Brushing it off, Miku once again dragged Tanaka towards the table, full of sweet delicacies, a variety of them placed in the middle, there were a lot of options to pick from.

Seeing the snacks in front of him, Tanaka was a bit disturbed as he faced this variety of sweets, a bit sick as if feeling the sweetness just by looking.

Hesitantly, he decided to pick a milder snack, avoiding the tooth aching treats, before nibbling on it, tasting the mild flavour put his taste bud at ease.

Looking at Tanaka's behaviour towards the snack, Miku chuckled before picking a random snack as she served everyone their drinks.

A coffee for Tanaka and tea for everyone else, it seems Tanaka's flavour really varies from them.

Seeing all the snacks and drinks set, Oota marched towards them with his long legs, arriving in just a few steps before sitting beside Tanaka.

Seeing all the sweets in front of him, Oota couldn't help and picked the sweetest one, eating a single piece in one bite before picking up his tea and sipping it.

This is a very relaxing routine, it is very de-stressing.

Drinking his coffee, Tanaka couldn't help but look over at Oota who was munching on a bunch of sweets, thinking about the difference between the person's appearance and their taste buds.

He chuckled quietly before diverting his attention towards nature, it was very relaxing. Hopefully, he can catch a nap soon.

As if on cue, Tanaka yawned, feeling the calm surrounding and the satisfaction from the snacks and drinks, making him feel rather sleepy.

Hearing Tanaka yawn, Miku felt a bit helpless, aware that her brother just woke up and was already feeling sleepy. Thinking of ways to keep Tanaka awake, Miku offered him more snacks and gave him another cup of coffee.

As she thought, that method works as Tanaka would feel bad if he doesn't finish what someone gave him, especially when it was his sister who made the effort.

Fighting off the sleepiness, Tanaka kept munching on the snacks while trying his best not to nod off, sipping on the coffee once in a while when he ate too much.

On the other hand, Oota and Akira looked at them with amusement. Akira with his eyes filled with laughter while Oota looked at Tanaka with encouragement.

Feeling a bit sorry for her trickery, Miku finally decided to stop playing with Tanaka and stopped offering him more snacks or drinks.

With a sigh of relief, Tanaka slumped down the chair and the sleepiness hit him hard.

"Tanaka~ do not sleep here." Miku said before attempting to pull him up with the idea of helping him up to his room, however, Tanaka was surprisingly heavier than her and was having a hard time pulling him up.

All of a sudden, Tanaka was stolen from her eyes and in turn, she glared at the person who took Tanaka from her for no reason, however, seeing the other person who turned out to be Oota, Miku was more forgiving although she never let go of Tanaka's hand.

"Tanaka~ Is it alright if Oota helped you to bed?" Miku asked Tanaka who was shook awake from the sudden adrenaline of getting snatched up to a bridal carry.

"Uh- sure?" Tanaka replied, not really feeling uncomfortable in Oota's arms, therefore, he had no reason to deny a person who wanted to help him.

Hearing Tanaka's reply, Oota started walking away in a swift manner, trying to make the journey smooth for the person he was carrying.

After the short adrenaline rush, Tanaka felt the wind and the sun passing him at every second, making him feel very peaceful and warm and the sleepiness once again hit him like a flood.

Blocking all his senses as the sleepiness overcame his consciousness, hearing only Oota's breathing and his soft footsteps echoing across the hallway.

===

Good evening! here's a new update ;-;

Crying because I have exam tomorrow and here I am ;-;

Please check my profile from time to time as I announce things there.

27/03/2023