Chapter 30

Chapter 30: My money is yours

---

The sun shone on them as they walked around the market, there were a lot of interesting stuffs displayed, there were potions, mercenary guild, medicines, pet shop.

Currently, the pair are in the capital with the use of the demon's portal, Tanaka still doesn't know how he looks like but he doesn't mind, as for the demon, as always, his face is hidden with a black scarf and a fox face mask, people occasionally look at him but it wasn't seen as odd because a lot of people like him also hides their face with all kinds of mask that they have.

"What are we suppose to do here?" Tanaka asked as he looked around with great interest since it was his first time seeing these kind of shops filled with magical things.

"Don't take it off" The demon suddenly said when he noticed Tanaka trying to take a little bit of air and attempted to take his mask off, the demon advised Tanaka to use a mask when they go out so he borrowed a mask that covers half his face with the other half was fully exposed.

Tanaka groans as he feels bothered with the strange mask that covers his face, he doesn't like it since it's not so cool anymore but he endure it anyway and continued walking.

"I want to show you around the capital and see if you want to buy anything" The demon answered the other man's question after taking a few more steps, hearing that kind of response, Tanaka stopped abruptly and stared at the man before looking around the shops, buy what he want?

He spotted a shop in the corner of his eyes, walking toward it with the demon in tow and he was greeted with a polite lady, her face was covered in a veil and went to sat in a chair after greeting them, leaving the pair alone to look around.

Tanaka looked around, there were swords, books, and all kind of stuffs that doesn't really attract any attention but there was one thing the attracts him, it was a very ordinary-looking ring, it doesn't attract your attention but Tanaka seems to be interested in it.

"You want that?" The demon asked and observed the item that the former was interested in, he doesn't seem to find it interesting and was confused as for why the other man is looking at it with interest.

"I do, I'll take this one" Tanaka said and took it before taking a few more look around the shop, he chose a random dagger and in the handle, there was a symbol of a phoenix, he thought that it looks pretty and took it without thinking it through, he also took the papers and a calligraphy brush that seems to fit perfectly into his fingers.

The demon looked at every items that Tanaka chose and wore a confused expression, not knowing what are these things gonna do for Tanaka?

"Interesting, I like all the things that you chose, you can have all of them with a discount" The lady stood up and approached them with a smile as she observed Tanaka with interest.

'To think that someone would choose these items that people has never touched before' She chuckled and two pair of eyes looked at her with confusion, not knowing why she suddenly chuckled.

"Bring it here" She demanded and went behind the counter, when the items were dropped in front of her, she took Atsushi's hand and a sharp pin appeared on her hand, not expecting this, the demon rushed toward her but he was blocked by a barrier and successfully, the lady pricked Tanaka's finger and took the ring from the counter and a drop of Tanaka's blood landed on the ring directly.

All of a sudden, light covered the whole shop and the once ordinary ring polished into a pure white ring, purple mist were hovering around the ring, the lady dropped it as she felt a chill.

"What just happened?" Tanaka asked and took the ring before putting it on his index finger, the demon outside of the barrier finally calmed down and sat down when he saw what the lady did, tsk, making him worried was not the best move.

"It's not over yet!" The lady said and took Tanaka's hand once again and pricked him once again, she took the dagger and the calligraphy brush, the dagger didn't really change but the phoenix symbol seems to be a little brighter and the calligraphy brush which was only plain black shone for a bit and white markings appeared on the black handle.

"I thought they were suppose to be ordinary?" Tanaka was confused with current event and the lady looked at him with a grin.

"You have good eyes" She complimented and took out  a fan which appeared out of nowhere before smearing his blood all over the white fan, it an instant, the blood disappeared and beautiful paintings of flowers and gray shades of mist which surround it appeared in a slow manner.

"This is a gift for you, you can figure how it works by yourself, now pay up and leave" She said with a smile, as if she isn't being rude to her costumer right now.

And out of nowhere, just like how the fan appeared, a pouch of money suddenly appeared on the demon's hand and took out the exact money they need to pay for all the items that Tanaka chose.

"Here" The demon dropped the silver stones on the counter and pulled Tanaka away from this place and the lady just smiled at them and waved good bye to them.

"I wonder what these things are for?" Tanaka is very curious and wants to figure out how these items work, it really rouses his curiosity as has only ever read this kind of things on novels and anime, he never even considered that he would actually experience this.

"You'll see, don't be so impatient" The demon chuckled and both of them went to walk around more, looking and seeing things for Tanaka to discover.

"Everything is so wonderful" Tanaka told the demon as they walk around, sometimes he feels lazy but very curious as well that keeps him to continue walking and when they got tired, they sat down and ordered some snacks, there were a lot of sweets here that Tanaka likes and the demon just watches him as he spends a lot of money for himself but he's not worried, as a prince, he has a lot of business going on, he'll never lose money.

---

T.B.C.

Chapter completeee!! Hope you had fun ;3

28/08/20