Chapter 10 (Edited)

All night long we had danced and sung until our throats and bodies gave out but throughout it all, I noticed the sneaked glances and longing faces that Beck had made at my girlfriend. Even though he had been quite nice when I delivered the news (or rather Robbie) , his drunken state had let his shields down.

I grimaced as I heard the footsteps approach us, already wary of who it could be. Jade's body was taut against mine, her hips swaying to the rhythm.

"Heyy Beck!" Jade was definitely drunk. Absolutely. I had never seen her use that tone unless she was acting. I grumbled to myself, the pang in my chest going ignored.

"Jade. I was just coming over to see if you needed anything," Spoke the brunette in a sultry voice. I shivered in disgust.

"I think we're good." 

Beck silently switched his gaze to meet mine, a smirk plastered atop his face as he shook his head. "I think I know what she needs better than you, Tori."

I reached for Jade's hand just for her to pry it away and lean into Beck, a small smile on her face. 

I watched horrified, "Let's get out of here." She led them away to a back room. I waited a few minutes before following them, shoving my way through the crowded room.

In my haste, I failed to notice anything but the closeness between them. I froze. The goth kicking him in the most sensitive spot, her lips spread into a snarl. "If you ever try and do anything like that again, I will kill you. I am not that drunk."

------------------------------------------

Jade's POV

I observed the way that Tori's face fell as I pried her fingers off my own and dragged Beck into the back of the restaurant. I knew she believed I was drunk as did Beck but I couldn't shake the feeling of something going wrong tonight. I had thought about every possible scenario since dinner had been deemed over which landed me in this current situation: playing drunk to lure my ex boyfriend to kick some sense into him.

Quite literally kick. My eyes widened as I heard the pause of footsteps in front of the corner. Expecting to see some stranger, I met the eyes of my Tori.

"Jade, what the hell?"

I shot my hands up at the tone of voice, quickly walking over to Tori. She backed away slightly, body going rigid. I cursed under my breath as I took her hand and just looked, I had no words to explain myself and I doubted anything could've made it better.

Vega blinked. "That was— that was kind of hot." My severe expression quickly changed into amusement, loud laughter making my body shake.

"We should go home, Vega." She nodded as I slipped my arms around her waist and lead the way. I failed to notice the way that Beck's face promised something we were not ready for.